Creature Script - BasicNPC Question

Dahak

"target" is definitely used. It's in the START_STATE and is used to check whether or not the creature has a target. You'll want to leave this in.

"i", on the other hand doesn't seem to be used, you're right. Leaving it in won't hurt the script though. I'd just add new variables on top of the existing ones, leaving those two alone.

Dahak is correct: neither of these variables is ever used. Both should be deleted, but there's no performance hit associated with having them, so you can just ignore them.

Nico, you're being confused by the fact that each creature, internally to the game engine does have a 'target' variable, which is accessed via get_target(), set_target(), and target_ok(). These functions have nothing whatsoever to do with any variables in the script itself, even in spite of one of them being named 'target'.

Originally Posted By: Niemand
Nico, you're being confused by the fact that each creature, internally to the game engine does have a 'target' variable, which is accessed via get_target(), set_target(), and target_ok(). These functions have nothing whatsoever to do with any variables in the script itself, even in spite of one of them being named 'target'.

Niemand, you're being confused by my PDN's, though I shall tell the real Nicothodes that you got me confused for her. wink

And yeah, I posted that this morning, after just getting up, and briefly checking basicnpc. Going back, I can see the variable isn't used.