Exile III Endgame

Misc Staple

I've nearly ended Exile III, with the same party that I mentioned in my previous post. However, there have been a few problems stopping me from finishing the game.

1) I have the activated Erika bracelets, but Erika isn't showing up to fight Rentar at all. Is this a bug, or have I forgotten to do something?

2) I've activated as many crystals as I can find on Level 2, even the crystals behind secret doors mentioned in the GameFAQs. Is it okay to push the crystals in twice? Am I missing any?

3) I've reached the control console next to Rentar-Irhno (not sure if I spelled that right) and have punched in the correct combination to destroy her creations. But the message tells me that I'm back to square one.

I'm probably missing something really obvious here. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If Erika doesn't show up for the fight, it's because you haven't gotten all the crystals right. That would also explain why the control panel isn't working for you.

—Alorael, who believes you're only supposed to push crystals once each. Pushing again may deactivate them. After your latest reset of everything, try doing all of them only once, and see if Erika shows up.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it especially funny given that this is a case where beating the boss is (accidentally) possible but largely irrelevant to winning. You're supposed to not kill her.

—Alorael, who can think of one good use for the term noob/n00b/newb/newbie, and that's to describe someone new to a game or other activity. Saying someone plays like a newbie is an insult anywhere.

I would disagree, if you really are new to the game then it should not be insulting to be called a newbie. However, if you've been playing for awhile, then it would be insulting to be called a newbie.

Noob is an insult anyway you look at it though.

See this CTRL-ALT-DEL comic for some laughs and clarification:

http://www.cad-comic.com/comic.php?d=20060823

You're not disagreeing, just misreading, I think.

—Alorael, who isn't even sure that n00b is inherently insulting. Some people seem to speak 1337 natively, and for them there's no other option to say "newbie." It's just as a loan-word to English that it has strong negative connotations.

I killed her with a lot of shockwaves, and one mage with 2 rings of Will using MindDuel a LOT once her hp was down a little, and her morale was almost nonexistent. Gotta love lowering morale and hp, it makes Mindduel easier. I can't remember if I had to cheat to get 2 rings of will, but I only had the two.

Anyway, once she's dead, nothing special happens. Her summons go away, and the room goes to any normal room. If Erika is there, she wanders around like a normal townsperson. Erika will still die during the endgame. Funny happenings.

By the way, it took me 3 hours to kill Rentar, and a LOT of energy potion.

Nothing happens when you kill Rentar because it's not supposed to be possible. Jeff accordingly didn't program any response to it.

—Alorael, who feels bad for poor Rentar-Ihrno. Frequently killed despite immortality, and considered the loser even though she does, in fact, manage to kill Erika.

I believe I also used the Mindduel trick, but I believe Rentar managed to kill Erica first. Uh, I’m not sure what happened after that, but I may have forgotten the puzzle below and Rentar respawned when I came back and I had to win the usual way (I wasn’t going to do that fight again, especially without Erica). Of corse, this was all pulled from the extents of my foggy memory.