functionality issue mysteriously resolves

For the longest time now, Exile has not been working on my PC. i checked the site for help, and emailed Jeff, and was told that it was probably some files in the system32 folder having virus issues. So i followed the instructions, and it didn't work. Months followed, and still it would not work.

Now, oddly enough, the game operates again. Suddenly. I did not do anything more that I am aware of to fix it. Did anyone else have this problem with the game? and is it fixed now? I think it could have been a windows update or something.

Oh, and when i was messing with it I deleted and re-downloaded it, but it still didn't work and then, like a doofus, the copy i got rid of was the REGISTERED ONE! *smacks self on head*

yes, I know about the re-registering, I am currently working on that. You see the problem is, my mom bought it somewhere along the fine line between when her last name was Wirth, and when it was Nelson, we can't remember which she was. So there are two names to choose from. also, it was all 3 exiles, forgot to mention. Mom bought the trilogy CD and we misplaced the CD a couple years ago.

Well, we will figure something out. Strange thing though.

Edit: Any idea why Alorael changes names so much? been curious.

So send Jeff both names and explain why. The nice thing about having these problems handled by a real, live human being is that life's little intricacies can be handled with aplomb.

—Alorael, who has changed his name daily since hitting 10k posts without a custom title. And he's still protesting.

Yes, I know. I like how Jeff really cares about his customer base. That's why I am gonna buy all his games eventually (when i get the money that is). I've already got Exile 1, 2, and 3, Avernum 1, 2, and 3, and Geneforge 1, 2, and 3. Next: Geneforge 4!

Edit: yes, i just got the Geneforge trilogy.