Piercing Sight vs Running into Walls?

Having played both A4 & A5 I'm having a little trouble controlling my team as we wander through the dungeons, specifically the first one, at Goblin Pits. Put a barrel in the middle of the room and we will get hung up on it, 'till I realize I have to steer around objects, the game won't do it for me. I'm not complaining, this is just as way of indroducing the subject.....In trying to locate secret rooms and passages can I rely on Piercing Sight or must I go around wall-tapping until my mouse finger gets sore! I've got keys 1 & 11 but can't get to the body on the ledge for the third. Just can't seem to find the secret passage around the north side as covered in the walkthrough.

Thanks for the help.

It takes some getting used to since Nethergate is closer to the older Exile games and their remakes Avernum 1-3 which empahsized walking into walls. Eventually you develope a feel for where a door should be to reach that secret room.

Piercing sight helps locate areas of interest. For example on the 3rd level of the Goblin Pits the rat room with some herb ingredients in the northwest has a secret door about half way along its south wall that leads to a small secret passage that leads to the ledge with a body. The body is important because it has a Sylak key. There are 4 other secret doors on that level.

Thanks for the fast replys. Randomizer, my team is now below the ledge where the body is waiting for us. I remember the Rat Room from earlier trips through the pits but now, without the rats or herbs, I cant regognize it. Would you please give me directions...Again thanks in advance.

From the stairs go west and keep going until you reach the west edge of the map. There should be a large blank area to the north on the automap since you haven't found the secret passage to that area, yet. That's the rat room with a few pools of water and the secret door is along the south part near the middle. Piercing sight will help give you the spot since there is a small connecting passage between the room and the ledge. I think the second secret door is just east of the body along the ledge's north wall.

Is my face red! The darn thing's been there all along and I couldn't see it for looking! I've also learned how piercing sight works hand in hand with the automap so it's been quite an afternoon! Thanks again, Randomizer, I appreciate your patience. And, oh yes, I now have the third key!