Tormented Anama Slith Warrior/Priest

The key with mage spells is the damage types. A mage with a full set of damage spells can do reasonable damage against anything, except maybe an eyebeast. A priest is limited to single target ice and multiple target fire, plus the traditional disruption attack.

The weakening of Divine Retribution and strengthening of Arcane Blow really helps mages, and was IMHO a quite necessary balance adjustment.

Game Over

I finished up the game for both endings at level 48. I skipped destroying Thalants.

As an Anama you are geassed so you can't steal the Anama scrolls and do Melachion's Desire last quest part. frown

Went into the last fights with 44 energy elixirs and 26 speed elixirs.

Worst part of the game are things that can stun you costing you a round if stunned twice. Slowers are next since I was constantly buying speed elixirs to compensate. Battle Frenzy helps for most other fights.

When my spell energy drops below 550 I switched to Spirit Cloak and Silk-Woven Cord for extra spell levels for more damage. So Magery 30, Spellcraft 20, and Priest Spells 19 plus levels in the spell which I bought all that I could. I really like blasting away with spells instead of sticking the pointy end into things.

Currently -

I going to give stats without items (item modified values):

Level 48 - 0 skill points

Health 308, Spell Energy 550 (with symbiotic cloak and girdle of genius 746)

Strength 5 (+2 Melanchion's Desire quest and Lark's Black Horror quest) (-1 symbiotic cloak, +4 Talisman of might, -1 Putrified gauntlets)

Dexterity 6 (+1 Lark's Black Horror quest) (-1 symbiotic cloak, -1 Putrified gauntlets)

Intelligence 10 (+1 Lark's Black Horror quest) (+2 symbiotic cloak and +2 girdle of genius)

Endurance 9

Melee weapons 3 (bought from trainer)

Pole weapons 12 (bought from trainer,+1 skill points)

Bows 3 (bought from trainer)

Thrown weapons 5

Quick Action 4 (Lark's quest +1)

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 17 (2 from Anama)

Arcane Lore 0

Spellcraft 11 (bought 3, Lark's quest +1, +5 Putrified gauntlets)

Hardiness 3 (bought 3)

Defense 6

Tool use 13 (only worn for traps - +1 Tinker's bauble, +2 Tinker's gloves)

Nature Lore 12 (bought 3) (only worn for caches - +2 Explorer's ring, +2 Swamp gloves)

First Aid 3 (bought 3)

Luck 3 (bought 3)

Quick Strike 3 (bought 3)

Parry 18 (skill points for 6)

Blademaster 24 )

Anatomy 3 (bought 3) (Avenger ring +2)

Gymnastics 3 (bought 3)

Pathfinder 3 (bought 3)

Magery 26 (bought 3) (Crystalline Aegis +2, Runed Plate +2)

Resistance 5 (bought 3) (Lark's quest +1, Melanchion's Desire quest +1) (suede gloves +2)

Magical efficiency 7 (3 from Anama, bought 3, Lark's quest) (Crystalline Aegis +2)

Lethal blow 3 (bought 3) (Avenger ring +2)

Riposte 4 (bought 3)

Sharpshooter 16 (Farsight Longbow +1)

I really can avoid damage:

Armor - 88%

Resistances:

Fire - 76%

Cold - 70%

Energy - 70%

Stun - 85%

Mental - 64% at intelligence 10

Poison - 72%

Acid 90%

Acid is 50% from just the putrified gauntlets. I could have put less to magery and tried for raising resistance for taking less damage overall.

The early part of the game is using pole weapons for minor monsters like worms and goblins. Mostly it's kill 3 or 4 monsters and then retreat to recharge in town. It's really boring, but you need to save energy potions for major fights and places like the Rat Cave where you can't retreat. Healing is done by eat a food or potion and then attack.

You have to do things in a different order than a normal party. Go after the easy experience first and save things like the Dirty thieves for later. Since I can't daze except with items, I spend lots of time picking off monsters one at a time.

The Black Horror isn't bad until the end. Having parry at 17 level means 50% (capped) chance of parrying an attack plus a smaller chance of riposte. This is the only way to avoid being trapped in a stun loop even at 85% stun resistance. Using speed elixirs and having quick strike increase the action points while using battle frenzy discipline. This is the hardest part, but I found that extra AP items weren't needed.

With high resistances, regeneration restores most health with only occasional healing when your health drops in half.

Just cast dispel spirit as the most damaging attack at the Black Horror whenever you can. When the Black Horror summons the statues, switch to divine retribution until they are gone. For the final round with the death curse, keep drinking invulnerability elixirs to survive the death curse damage (Bryce found this out). A party of 4 should be able to kill it before the death curse. The shades in the last part go quicker with divine fire after they surround you.