Tormented Anama Slith Warrior/Priest

Proving that I have left the way of sanity, I started a new game planning to play in torment a slith with no mage spells. Just priest spells and fighting from the start. I get to save skill points on mage spells and arcane lore, plus the Anama give me 3 free priest spell levels. The down side is no dispel barrier, reading the thrown weapons, magery, and magical efficiency spell books, and I will have to hold off on spell books until joining the Anama.

I really need parry to prevent damage since I can't daze. Haste comes from speed potions and is limited until the Anama Lands. I really need to get all the battle disciplines early in the game. Also raising priest spell level increases damage until I can buy spellcraft and magery from Shankar.

I going to give stats without items:

Starting off:

Level 1 - 2 skill points

Health 44, Spell Energy 19

Strength 4

Dexterity 4

Intelligence 4

Endurance 2

Melee weapons 0

Pole weapons 2

Bows 0

Thrown weapons 4

Quick Action 3

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 5

Arcane Lore 0

Spellcraft 0

Hardiness 0

Defense 4

Tool use 0

Nature Lore 0

First Aid 0

Luck 0

Quick Strike 0

Parry 2

Blademaster 3

Anatomy 0

Gymnastics 0

Magery 1

Resistance 0

Magical efficiency 0

Lethal blow 0

Riposte 0

Sharpshooter 1

By the end of the demo I have killed everything except the unstable mass and the altar demon. I raced to New Harston to learn summon shade at an exhorbitant cost, but those 2 shades did a lot of killing for me so I was greatful.

The black wight proved a cake walk as the AI kept blessing it after the shades kept cursing it while I used repel spirit. Most of the rest wasn't as easy, but I got through it. The giant, Marrowbones, took a long chase along the north part of the Goblin Warren by summoning shades and retreating to smite him.

Currently -

I going to give stats without items (item modified values):

Level 13 - 3 skill points

Health 58 (with bonding knife 92), Spell Energy 109 ( with bonding knife 95)

Strength 4 (-1 bonding knife)

Dexterity 4 (-1 bonding knife, +1 nimble sandals)

Intelligence 7 (-1 bonding knife)

Endurance 2 (+4 bonding knife)

Melee weapons 0

Pole weapons 3

Bows 0

Thrown weapons 4

Quick Action 3

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 7

Arcane Lore 0

Spellcraft 0

Hardiness 0

Defense 4

Tool use 8

Nature Lore 0

First Aid 0

Luck 0

Quick Strike 0

Parry 3

Blademaster 7

Anatomy 0

Gymnastics 0

Magery 4

Resistance 0

Magical efficiency 0

Lethal blow 0

Riposte 0

Sharpshooter 4

I can swap between girdle of might (+2 strength) and girdle of intelligence (+1 intelligence), bonding knife and blessed shield or steel spear.

I can't wait until the slith bloodspear.

In terms of skill point cost priest spell levels don't cost as much as the bonuses for elite warrior. I'm only just past the demo and seeing parry at level 3 giving me 9% blocks often enough to avoid damage, I get increased encumberance without raising strength, and blademaster goes up faster. I didn't have trouble with spell energy in my last game even though I relied on potions. Also parry adds to armor at 2% per level.

No, Parry does better than add 2% per level, because it does not contribute to the 90% cap on armor. It reduces damage at about 2% per level. Parry is amazing, despite being weaker than in previous games. Blademaster is also incredibly important since it lets you remove fatigue twice as fast as usual.

Originally Posted By: Randomizer
Proving that I have left the way of sanity

Isn't joining the Anama the very definition of insanity?

I think that players will find the slith pays off later on, rather than being an added handicap. Sliths start out feeling vulnerable without the armor of a shield, but later on, with better armor, and due to their toughness and resistance to fire, poison, and acid(?) — and most importantly — due to their ability to wield the awesome Slith Blood Spear, they can feel quite powerful indeed by mid and late game. A Slith Anama priest seems like an appropriate combination, both for role-play and for strategy.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

-S-

I did the easy messenger quests in the Northern Isles and proceeded to clear the east part including the Mongobat (used as mass madness scroll). Then went back for the Goblin Warren altar demon, and started the west of Shankar's Tower. Still using buff, summon two shades, and fight at range although I can now afford to use smite.

Edit - I killed the unstable mass under the Harston Lowlands. Interestingly its chance of hitting me could be anywhere from 29 to 40% depending upon shieldin potion (3%) and whether I used 5 up to 10 protection spells before the fight with its chance increasing during the fight by 1% every few times it hit. I couldn't get that to reverse with more spell casting during the fight.

Currently -

Level 16 - 1 skill points

Health 61 (with bonding knife 103), Spell Energy 130 ( with bonding knife and girdle of intelligence 130)

Dexterity 6 (-1 bonding knife, +1 nimble sandals)

Intelligence 7 (-1 bonding knife and +1 girdle of intelligence)

Endurance 2 (+4 bonding knife)

Melee weapons 0

Pole weapons 4

Bows 0

Thrown weapons 4

Quick Action 4 (Lark's quest +1)

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 7

Arcane Lore 0

Spellcraft 4 (bought 3, Lark's quest +1)

Hardiness 0

Defense 6

Tool use 8

Nature Lore 0

First Aid 0

Luck 0

Quick Strike 0

Parry 5 (skill points for 1)

Blademaster 9

Anatomy 0

Gymnastics 0

Magery 8 (bought 3)

Resistance 0

Magical efficiency 0

Lethal blow 0

Riposte 0

Sharpshooter 5

I had to skip the Fang Clan testing village and the nephils guarding the north island of the western rapids before heading down the rapids to the Drake Pillars. Skipped the lava bats since I was low on spell energy.

Now I have been wandering around the Drake Pillars main area on the outside clearing the Three Tunnels mine, Gleickson mine, Levine Mine, the crypt east of Harkin's Landing, the slith muggers south of Exodus, Skarp and friends, the crazed miner, Dellinger's claim, and a few stray monsters and bandits.

I had to skip the damaged pylon since I don't currently do enough damage to finish this quest without using more than 2 energy potions.

I have been slowly increasing parry so with the reflecting shield I reached parry 10. Really helpful in avoiding damage.

Currently -

Level 20 - 2 skill points

Health 79 (with bonding knife 129), Spell Energy 158 ( with bonding knife and girdle of intelligence 158)

Endurance 3 (+4 bonding knife)

Melee weapons 0

Pole weapons 4

Bows 0

Thrown weapons 4

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 7

Arcane Lore 0

Spellcraft 5 (bought 3, Lark's quest +1)

Hardiness 3 (bought 3)

Defense 6

Tool use 8

Nature Lore 3 (bought 3)

First Aid 0

Luck 0 (3 from Clover boots)

Quick Strike 0

Parry 10 (skill points for 4, reflecting shield for 1)

Blademaster 10

Anatomy 0

Gymnastics 0 (reflecting shield 1)

Magery 9 (bought 3)

Resistance 0

Magical efficiency 0

Lethal blow 0

Riposte 0 (blademaster charm 1)

Sharpshooter 6

I've reached level 22 with 9 skill points saved towards the 12 I need for nature lore 7 to get the rat to help versus Lystakk.

I cleared all of chapter 2 except the Fang Clan testing area which will be soon. I cleared most of chapter 3 except for:

Damaged Pylon quest - 6 energy potions and I still haven't done enough damage, so I have to rethink this one.

Gelmax - I haven't tried since I'm saving my sparkling wands for the testing area.

Unstable mass - waiting for a bigger pointy stick to speed this along.

Pit Crawler quest - I seemed not to remove enough abyssmal worms to lure the pit crawler over to where I can nail it.

On to Khora-Vysss and all that loot. Most areas aren't that much trouble.

Dealing with the ambush under Exodus burned 4 control foe scrolls and some speed potions to make the bandits fight amongst themselves. But better them than me.

The rat infested elevator took several tries. Shades die too quickly. The daze from the sparking wands wasn't effective in building a shield wall of rats around me. So I went with 4 assault crystals to let them wound themselves until I could finish all 16 off. I really need an area of effect spell.

I can't get the bloodspear until I reach the Anama Lands to get a tinker's crystal to get through the door in Khora-Vysss leading to the key for upstairs.

I didn't go with physical damage because every time a shade splinter hits me I get cursed so my damage drops a bit with phyiscal weapons. Spell damage is uneffected by cursing.

I don't remember having this much trouble with a singleton using mage spells. I think that was because the cost was lower for firebolt which does as much damage as repel spirit and I could stay hasted.

Well Lystakk is deceased. I used the rat and the worm for a few extra bodies and forgot to summon shades to help. Oh well I won so whatever works.

I found that the damage pylon quest required on torment 11 rounds averaging over 100 damage to get rid of the shade. 2 disruption wands and repel spirit took care of the mess.

Gelmax is a complete pain. I beat him in the first encounter, but the second is postponed until I have a major supply of speed potions. He regenerates too much while I'm slowed and can't attack.

The Fang Clan testing center was the usual grind. Kill a few testers and they get mad. Then they got dead when I returned.

I'm running about a level behind my last game and couldn't make level 25.

Currently -

Level 24 - 1 skill points

Health 102 (with bonding knife 162), Spell Energy 186 ( with bonding knife and girdle of intelligence 186)

Endurance 4 (+4 bonding knife)

Melee weapons 0

Pole weapons 5

Bows 0

Thrown weapons 4

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 8 (+1 samaritan sandals)

Arcane Lore 0

Hardiness 3 (bought 3)

Defense 6

Tool use 9

Nature Lore 7 (bought 3)

First Aid 3 (bought 3)

Luck 0

Quick Strike 0

Parry 11 (skill points for 4, silken shield for 1)

Blademaster 12

Anatomy 0

Gymnastics 0 (silken shield 1)

Magery 10 (bought 3)

Resistance 3 (bought 3)

Magical efficiency 4 (bought 3, Lark's quest)

Lethal blow 0

Sharpshooter 7

Now to enter Tranquility and clear the Northwest quadrant, Malachite's stealth quest, a little looting of the Northeast quadrant, a bit of the Southwest quadrant, and sneaking out to the Anama Road to join the Anama before the Sentinel Workshop.

I'm an Anama

Passing through Tranquility, I cleared the rats out under the Northwest Quadrant, then the chitrachs and goblins from under the Northern Barrier, did Malachite's stealth quest, cleared out the sentinels in front of Solberg's secret research lab, looted a bit of the Northeast Quadrant, Tiacourna's Southern Tower quest, Dionicio's East Tower quest, some of the ogres under the Western Barrier, the malfunction fiery sentinel for Tati, and the upper level of the Sentinel Workshop. *whew*

Now I snuck out through the Southeast Quadrant and destroyed 8 sentinels in the process. Then I fought the chitrach ambush to reach Ahonaria. Joining the Anama was a disappointment since I only got 2 levels of priest spells. But they gave me a key so I can loot them blind while drinking the cult's killer Kool-Aid.

Currently -

Level 25 - 21 skill points

Health 128 (with bonding knife 199), Spell Energy 214 ( with bonding knife and girdle of intelligence 214)

Dexterity 6 (-1 bonding knife)

Endurance 5 (+4 bonding knife)

Melee weapons 0

Pole weapons 5

Bows 0

Thrown weapons 4

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 11 (2 from Anama, +1 samaritan sandals)

Arcane Lore 0

Hardiness 3 (bought 3)

Defense 6

Tool use 9

Nature Lore 7 (bought 3)

First Aid 3 (bought 3)

Luck 0

Quick Strike 0

Parry 11 (skill points for 4, silken shield for 1)

Blademaster 13

Anatomy 0

Magery 11 (bought 3)

Resistance 3 (bought 3)

Magical efficiency 7 (3 from Anama, bought 3, Lark's quest)

Lethal blow 0

Sharpshooter 8

Now back to loot and read priest spell books. Then I'll raise parry and endurance a bit to finish off Khora-Vysss, Gelmax, the upper level of Solberg's private laboratory, burn out the ogres, and finish the Sentinel Workshop.

• 2 weeks later...
I will have to hold off on spell books until joining the Anama.

I must be missing something - why hold off on spellbooks? I thought when you joined the Anama you got +1 to each spell already learned but nothing if you didn't already know the spell; this would imply it was a good idea to read every spellbook possible before joining confused

If you join the Anama you get to read all priest spell books for no arcane lore. The cost in skill points to get to AL 8 which gets most spell books of interest is 16 with buying 3 levels from Shankar. I don't miss out on much since I have already bought at least a level of all the useful spells.

For a purist singleton game where you don't use the character editor to get free AL it doesn't pay to waste the 16 skill points since it only adds a few spells for enduring shield and summon shade plus the thrown weapon skill book in Khora-Vysss.

If you join the Anama you get to read all priest spell books for no arcane lore. The cost in skill points to get to AL 8 which gets most spell books of interest is 16 with buying 3 levels from Shankar. I don't miss out on much since I have already bought at least a level of all the useful spells.

For a purist singleton game where you don't use the character editor to get free AL it doesn't pay to waste the 16 skill points since it only adds a few spells for enduring shield and summon shade plus the thrown weapon skill book in Khora-Vysss.

Well, lets not forget the +2 mental resistance per level.

Personally I think you should have gone for the pure spirit trait instead of elite warrior. You get a better deal at +1 to 2 stats per 6 levels vs +1 to 2 stats every 8 levels. It seems as if you would save more points that way.

*EDIT* Just played around with the editor a bit and made 2 x level 24 slith priests. Making them completely even in terms of skills ( level 10 parry / 12 blademaster / 10 priest ) the DT / EW was slightly ahead of the DT / PS in terms of skill points, however, he had no magical efficiency, and the gap would later be closed when he had to pump priest spells to 17 to get the higher spells.

Also priest spells / magical efficiency have no real cap in terms of usefullness, while parry is capped at 50% ( roughly level 17 ), so after level 17 the bonus to parry is wasted.

EW has parry versus missles too, so you can keep going to reduce those attacks. I also benefit from the extra carrying capacity in encumberance.

In the middle parts of the game the extra blademaster means faster recovery time on fatigue and I really do great damage with physical weapons when I have one on one fights, especially with doomguards and unstable masses.

I got through my last singleton game without running out of spell energy using potions and magical efficiency doesn't work with area of effect spells.

I got through my last singleton game without running out of spell energy using potions and magical efficiency doesn't work with area of effect spells.

The only priest spell magical efficiency doesn't work on is divine fire IIRC. Divine retribution, Divine restoration, smite, Divine host, etc all benefit from what I remember.

Parry blocks missiles at 2% a point right? Capped at 50% also I assume?

Parry is 2% per level, but I haven't gotten to parry 26 to check. I suppose I could use the editor.

Divine retribution is the only spell energy drainer of the group. Still with magical efficiency at 7 without using skill points, I can get by in this game.

I just ground through the Sentinel Workshop as an Anama, so I kind of tired. Not really that hard with high parry.

Randomizer:

Hmm... I suppose then one would need to balance the minimal cost of AL + the slight benefit of better practiced spells against slightly less effective spells followed by a just-before-midgame spellbook tour.

I think I'll still do the former, if I play the game again.

In response to capped skills: I think if the game is going to cap the effectiveness of a skill at a certain level then it shouldn't allow you to invest points in that skill beyond that level.

PARRY is NOT capped at 50%. The chance to parry an attack is capped at 50%. The parry SKILL also provides universal damage reduction with every point purchased, and this is not capped. It is not displayed on the character sheet and is not subject to the 90% resistance caps for those stats, either.

The level 24 slith priest exercise sounds a bit contrived as you would never distribute skill points that way for a real character, particularly ones with those advantages. Magical efficiency is irrelevant; it's very nice, but it's just a convenience skill as the game's built-in SP restoration and large stock of energy potions makes it unnecessary. Really, the advantages of EW are plentiful.

The major difference between comparisons at 24th level and playing up to that level is that parry and blademaster are useful from the start when you don't have the skill points to get them. You need blademaster for the first zone beneath Blackchasm Outpost because you can't get by with just spell energy and spells at torment level at least without wasting those nice energy potions at a time when you have less than 30 spell energy.

I just finished clearing Tranquility at level 31 with the only thing missing is that Slith Horror in Khora-Vysss. Divine fire isn't as damaging as icy rain and at a higher spell energy cost. I'll go back at level 32 which is in a few more quest when I've cleared most of the chitrachs from the Anama Lands zones except for the Chitrach Nest.

I've reach the point where 42% parry prevents most damage even from swarms with 70% (physical damage) armor. Now that I'm passed the sentinels, control foe becomes useful to keep swarms manageable.

Originally Posted By: Slarty
PARRY is NOT capped at 50%. The chance to parry an attack is capped at 50%. The parry SKILL also provides universal damage reduction with every point purchased, and this is not capped. It is not displayed on the character sheet and is not subject to the 90% resistance caps for those stats, either.

I am not sure where you get this information from.

According to my testing with 2 identical level 20 characters ( 1 with level 40 parry ), parry does not reduce damage when hit. If it did it would say "x blocked" in the log.

No, it wouldn't. If you test further, you will discover that not all damage reduction was created equal. The "x blocked" message reports damage blocked due to armor/resistance (the stats displayed on the character sheet). It does not report damage blocked due to the Protection or Prismatic Shield spells or due to Parry. Try repeating your test but write down every damage result you get. You will get a lower range and lower average damage for the character with Parry.

No, it wouldn't. If you test further, you will discover that not all damage reduction was created equal. The "x blocked" message reports damage blocked due to armor/resistance (the stats displayed on the character sheet). It does not report damage blocked due to the Protection or Prismatic Shield spells or due to Parry. Try repeating your test but write down every damage result you get. You will get a lower range and lower average damage for the character with Parry.

No, I was not going by the messages I am going by damage done.

Why don't you test it yourself.

There is no noticable damage difference in a level 40 parry vs no parry when hit.

Originally Posted By: EvilEye

No, I was not going by the messages I am going by damage done.

Why don't you test it yourself.

There is no noticable damage difference in with a 40 parry vs no parry when hit.

Blah, screwed up on editing my post, sorry. The delete post option is a little screwy.

Here, I did some testing and I wrote down the numbers this time:

VS. pirro the portmaster on Torment mode

character 1 - 40 parry

damage taken:

average damage = 27.8

character 2 - 0 parry

damage taken:

average damage = 27.6

I chose Pirro because he doesn't use battle disciplines, and torment mode to get the damage up high enough so any differences were noticable.

Weird! I did similar tests in Avernum 4 and Parry definitely had significant damage reduction. (I believe it did throughout Geneforge as well, though I don't remember clearly.) Apparently the reduction from 5% to 3% parrying per point wasn't the only nerfing Parry received in this game.

Unless Parry still defends against non-physical attacks (and, ugh, who wants to test that) this devalues it quite a bit. It's still useful, but it may not be worth buying manually on Torment, given the wasted points in Dex and Defense.

(The other possibility is that going to 40 in Parry causes some kind of overflow problem, since the skills were originally coded to go up to 30. But this seems pretty unlikely)

Well I'm almost done with the Anama Lands and all that is left is the Mindwarp Chitrach. Having parry at 16 (48% versus melee) with items allowed me to go toe to claw with the Chitrach Queen and avoid most damage. Having control of a chitrach also helped.

Edit - Killed the Mindwarp Chitrach and I'm 85 XP below level 33.

The Slith Horror was 4 wasted energy elixirs to kill it for the Warmaster Helm. Khora-Vysss wasn't hard except for the Slith chief, but I charmed his last slith scourge and with 2 shades he rarely attacked me so I wore him down with smite and summon shade.

Everything else was just grinding along with Solberg's secret lab being a pain with getting enough control foes to keep the Cheeseballs off me.

I bought enough combat skills in Tranquility so with a few extra from skill points, I'm at 17 level. With the discipline knife, I've got all the battle disciplines so speed potions are just to be used against slowing monsters like Arenea of the Fens, Morbo, a few mages, etc.

Currently -

Level 32 - 1 skill points

Health 180, Spell Energy 242 ( with symbiotic cloak and girdle of genius 374)

Strength 4 (-1 symbiotic cloak)

Dexterity 6 (-1 symbiotic cloak)

Intelligence 7 (+2 symbiotic cloak and +2 girdle of genius)

Endurance 7

Melee weapons 3 (bought from trainer)

Pole weapons 13 (bought from trainer,+1 skill points)

Bows 1 (bought from trainer)

Thrown weapons 5

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 12 (2 from Anama)

Arcane Lore 0

Hardiness 3 (bought 3)

Defense 6

Tool use 9

Nature Lore 7 (bought 3)

First Aid 3 (bought 3)

Luck 0

Quick Strike 0

Parry 14 (skill points for 4, silken shield for 1, flowing silk cloak for +1 when needed)

Blademaster 15

Anatomy 0

Magery 15 (bought 3)

Resistance 3 (bought 3)

Lethal blow 0

Sharpshooter 9

Well I'm just mucking around Muck after making it through the Howling Depths with less trouble than I thought it would be. The unstable mass gave me more trouble than anything else. Parry over 45% renders most fights trivial.

Now Shafrir was a pain using 4 invulnerability elixirs to stave off repeat death curses. Every time that you survive it, Shafrir recasts it until one of you is gone.

Made some knowledge brews to push priest spells up to buy divine restoration.

Now it's just clear the Azure Gallery starting with Morbo. Mmmmm gazer skin sandals. D'oh.

Edit - Cleared Morbo and under Muck. Used Delicious Vlish's tactic:

Let your foe summon aid and then turn it against him.

Currently -

Level 36 - 0 skill points

Health 196, Spell Energy 270 ( with symbiotic cloak and girdle of genius 418)

Strength 4 (-1 symbiotic cloak)

Intelligence 7 (+2 symbiotic cloak and +2 girdle of genius)

Endurance 7

Pole weapons 11 (bought from trainer,+1 skill points)

Bows 3 (bought from trainer)

Thrown weapons 5

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 16 (2 from Anama, Smaritan sandals +1 as needed)

Arcane Lore 0

Spellcraft 5 (bought 3, Lark's quest +1, +2 suede gloves)

Hardiness 3 (bought 3)

Defense 6

Tool use 10

Nature Lore 10 (bought 3)

First Aid 3 (bought 3)

Luck 0

Quick Strike 0

Parry 14 (skill points for 4, silken shield for 1, flowing silk cloak for +1 when needed)

Blademaster 16

Anatomy 0

Magery 16 (bought 3)

Resistance 3 (bought 3)

Lethal blow 0

Sharpshooter 11

• 11 months later...

After almost a year I decided to finally finish this game. When I left off I had cleared the Vahnatai Lands and met Ruth. A bug had made my letting Dervish Tholmen go not appear so I gave up Solberg's Papers. Now that I crossed to the Darkside Loyalist Lands and met Tholmen, I'm going to alter a script to regain Solberg's Papers.

Grinding along I went back and killed Gladwell and did the Pit of Abominations. Control Foe pretty much dealt with the summoned creatures and I got the death blow both times. Now I am about to do the Tribute Quests after gathering ingredients for more knowledge brews. I did the Gremlin Trial and without the Item List it takes too long to locate 9 trinkets.

This game is getting boring. Too many places where I can't go without dispel barrier spell.

Magery and Spellcraft are ridiculously high since I don't need mage spells and arcane lore.

Currently -

Level 45 - 3 skill points

Health 291, Spell Energy 471 (with symbiotic cloak and girdle of genius 655)

Strength 4 (-1 symbiotic cloak, +4 Talisman of might)

Intelligence 10 (+2 symbiotic cloak and +2 girdle of genius)

Endurance 9

Pole weapons 12 (bought from trainer,+1 skill points)

Bows 3 (bought from trainer)

Thrown weapons 5

Mage spells 0

Priest spells 17 (2 from Anama)

Arcane Lore 0

Spellcraft 11 (bought 3, Lark's quest +1, +2 suede gloves)

Hardiness 3 (bought 3)

Defense 6

Tool use 13 (only worn for traps - +1 Tinker's bauble, +2 Tinker's gloves)

Nature Lore 12 (bought 3) (only worn for caches - +2 Explorer's ring, +2 Swamp gloves)

First Aid 3 (bought 3)

Luck 3 (bought 3)

Quick Strike 0

Parry 16 (skill points for 5)

Blademaster 19

Anatomy 3 (bought 3) (Avenger ring +2)

Gymnastics 3 (bought 3)

Pathfinder 3 (bought 3)

Magery 21 (bought 3) (Crystalline Aegis +2, Runed Plate +2)

Resistance 5 (bought 3) (Lark's quest +1, Melanchion's Desire quest +1) (suede gloves +2)

Magical efficiency 7 (3 from Anama, bought 3, Lark's quest) (Crystalline Aegis +2)

Lethal blow 3 (bought 3) (Avenger ring +2)

Riposte 1 (blademaster charm 1)

Sharpshooter 15 (Farsight Longbow +1)

1)Check explorer ring stats again you are missing luck and something else.

2)Luck must be 6 or 7 in my opinion

3)I wonder why you dont equip girdle oflife after investing one or two point in magical efficiencyyou have lot of spell point and till you dont rech dorikas i dont remember any encounter where you need mental resistance

4)Explain resistance 7,its +1 lark +1 melch +3 buy but after this?

5)Suede gloves +2???Its +5 if Synergy is correct.Even then spellcraft 11 and magery 21 gives an essence of waste of skill point.

After so long I can't remember all the reasons I did things in the character build.

1. I only use the explorer ring for caches to get nature lore high enough to find them. I normally use the avenger ring for the extra damage levels.

2. I might have missed getting luck from somewhere else. It's only to lower damage by raising armor and resistances.

3. Most of my damage is from spells and magical efficiency doesn't help me enough and at this point costs me more in skill points than endurance.

Mental resistance is really needed from the few things that cast terror. I had to repeatedly summon a shade to take the terror attack from a soulsearer demon. Charm attacks just mean lost rounds, but there aren't any that I still have to face.

4. I'm not sure where I got so much resistance. I forgot the quest rewards and suede gloves.

5. Magical attacks are still my main ones since they give range attacks and area attacks. Magery and spellcraft are a good place to put them. I have more than enough physical damage for the slith bloodspear for the doomguard and unstable mass.

At this point I do almost 300 damage with smite, 200 damage with repel spirit, and 200 damage with divine fire.

I bought which ever of magery or spellcraft is cheaper. Most of the magery comes from divine touch trait.

I forgot to list pathfinder.

I am running low on money for those speed elixirs. I need them for fights against slowing monsters, extra AP in the Gremlin Trial, and for that Black Horror.

Hmmm. Different based damages:

Repel spirit - Effect: Does 10 damage plus 1-5 points per point of spell strength.

Smite - Effect: Does 3 damage plus 1-5 points per point of spell strength.

Flame Strike - Effect: Does 6 damage plus 1-5 points per point of spell strength.

The slight difference between 3 and 6 levels of the spell strength seems to be giving a wider variation in average damages that I see. 3 base damage and 3 levels in spell level shouldn't be giving on average 25 damage difference.

Hmmm. Different based damages:

Repel spirit - Effect: Does 10 damage plus 1-5 points per point of spell strength.

Smite - Effect: Does 3 damage plus 1-5 points per point of spell strength.

Flame Strike - Effect: Does 6 damage plus 1-5 points per point of spell strength.

The slight difference between 3 and 6 levels of the spell strength seems to be giving a wider variation in average damages that I see. 3 base damage and 3 levels in spell level shouldn't be giving on average 25 damage difference.

The difference in base damage is minor. I'm not doubting your results, it's just very surprising that repel spirit is doing less damage than smite, given that few undead have decent disruption damage resistance.

Maybe the documentation is wrong?

By the way, was spell energy a problem for this character, or did you have it in abundance?

I'm about to do the final fights against Redmark and Dorikas. Spell energy is ridiculously high and I have over 30 energy elixirs plus other potions.

I think I missed adding back resisted damage and there is a wide variation in damage doing the same attack twenty times. Right now I average just under 300 and I've seen -50 and +20 about the about the most common damage. Probably should record them for the last fights to get a final average.

I really pushed spellcraft and magegry to extreme levels.

I'm about to do the final fights against Redmark and Dorikas. Spell energy is ridiculously high and I have over 30 energy elixirs plus other potions.

I think I missed adding back resisted damage and there is a wide variation in damage doing the same attack twenty times. Right now I average just under 300 and I've seen -50 and +20 about the about the most common damage. Probably should record them for the last fights to get a final average.

I really pushed spellcraft and magegry to extreme levels.

So the best damage dealer is... a priest? That is what Microsoft Excel suggests, with Smite doling out more damage than Pole and Bow for the same skill point investment. Its nice to know that my suspicion is supported by experience, and that such a character is viable.

Originally Posted By: Abhishek
No, still a mage.
I have seen an average of 350 with arcane blow for him with 4 PC party.

Well, obviously! laugh But how long can you spam a 25 EP spell for? Randomizer had 655 EP, which equates to about 26 arcane blows (when you don't take magical efficiency into consideration).

Also, you don't get arcane blow (and the required mage skill) until rather late in the game.

Strangely enough, mages don't have access to a highly damaging, relatively low cost single target spell like Smite.

You forget to count that how many target you will hit. Lightning spray work slightly less than smite but hits 1.5 target at an average and thus take over smite. Arcane blow, of course bring down 4 foes an average by 350 or say, 1400 damage in one shot. Smite is kid when compared in front of these spell when you count that how many target you hit in one shot. Which of course you should.

Mage spells do more damage per spell energy cost and they have more different damage types than priests.

My previous singleton had both all the mage and priest spells plus skill points for arcane lore to read all the spell books. This one was only priest spells from the start and no arcane lore to free up skill points for magery and spellcraft.

They are the almost the same experience total for the game. I didn't wipe out Ahornia and Thalants like my mage so I have a little less experience. But both singletons start the final fight at level 48.