Lake of trials

MikkiMouse

Now I'm stuck at the Lake. At the south location I found 4 switches. Not necessarily in order, one enlarges an existing exit from a room, one creates an additional exit from another room, one opens the access to a hidden room containing a single blue pot, and the fourth, located in the last room on the south side, tells me I cant figure it out!? Other than "use" what else am I supposed to do. Is this a question of lore level or tool use? Anyway, I passed the other three tests so I on to the island. Meanwhile I'm hopeing the answer's waiting for me when I come back....Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally written by Geezer:
Now I'm stuck at the Lake. At the south location I found 4 switches. Not necessarily in order, one enlarges an existing exit from a room, one creates an additional exit from another room, one opens the access to a hidden room containing a single blue pot, and the fourth, located in the last room on the south side, tells me I cant figure it out!? Other than "use" what else am I supposed to do. Is this a question of lore level or tool use?
Yes. You'll need more tool use skill to complete that test.

You got more than enough tool use. Look around the secret rooms for something that's hostile (red on the automap) and kill it. It seems really simple in hindsight, but finding out what you really need to do in that area isn't.

Edit - Synergy's item list say TU 12 and 13 for everything.

• 1 year later...

So, HOLY COW that was fun! I completely forgot about all the "slimy tunnels" section until FAR after I've really completed Azure and Thalants sections, and it was a total BREEZE going through the Lake of Trials.

I think a testament to the talent and legacy of Spidweb, the Lake of Trials was still SUPER fun and challenging. I can't imagine having done this before doing much more in the Azure. Even on that final test, I had to end the fight before it was over, cast Return Life on my fighter ("The Bludgeon") and resume the killing spree!

I suppose if I were to offer advice, which is way beyond my calling, it would be to come back to this area long after the Azure. What a blast.