Storing Items?

Duality

Anywhere you drop a pile of goods, it will stay there waiting for you to pick it all up later. There is a limit of what...forty or sixty-something(?) items you can leave out in one place though before some start disappearing.

Good places to leave piles of loot are in the road where you will hit it on your way back to, say, Fort Monastery, or in front of a city gate. For reasons you may or may not understand yet, leaving a pile of loot in front of a city pylon is not a bad idea either.

Thre are a number of places with handy containers, Fort Monastery among them. I like to keep my crafting and alchemy ingredients separate from the random knick-knacks that I collect, and I also have a separate location for quest items that need to be stockpiled. Containers are useful for all of these things.

—Alorael, who just wishes that dropping five Healing Herbs into a box that contains a stack of 35 Healing Herbs would result in a stack of 40 instead of two separate stacks.

• 6 years later...

Wow, blast from the past.

You store items in regular useable containers or chests. Just search them the way you normally do, but when it brings up the inventory screen you move items into the container instead of out of it. Find one that's easy for you to access, by a pylon or town entrance or whatever you like best.

Yup, Dikiyoba still talks in third person.

sadly there are no backpacks in Avernums like for example Ultimas had so if you want to store stuffs somewhere then you need to put them on ground preferably near pylon or at Portal Keep although far from portal itself and separate piles so item(s) needed can be found quickly.

Originally Posted By: MMXPERT
I really do use tables whenever I store items somewhere, they simply seam appealing to me.

Er, unless I'm missing something, or horribly misremembering, you can't store items on tables in any SW since, oh, BoE (maybe Nethergate). Dropped items just scatter down around whoever drops them.

(I think it was possible to put things into containers, like chests, by searching them and putting items inside that way, but since tables aren't containers that wouldn't work.)