Geneforge crashing after Pentil

Dethedrus

I've experienced these problems on two separate systems to date, so I'm pretty sure it's not just a weird installation issue smile

Anyhoo, here's my system specs (both are running Win2k SP3 on NTFS):

AMD 2800+ / P4 2 Ghz

ASUS A7N8X / ABIT IT72 v2

1 gb RAM / 512mb RAM

GF4 Ti4800 / GF4 Ti4400

Once I've reached the Pentil area and gone through a few of the surrounding sections the game starts freezing as soon as I reach the travel menu and select a location (new or previously explored).

I've tried on both machines, with multiple saves, and now with at least five separate games.

What am I to do? I love Geneforge, but this is making it completely unplayable frown

Quote:
Originally posted by Deth:
Nvidia 43.45

Not the absolute newest, but one of the more stable to date.

And honestly, I can't imagine that this nearly two year old 2D game would need anything real specific when it comes to graphics drivers.
It's 1 year old, and is 3d.

And it's such a shame, newer games require high requirements, when Jedi Knight, and old, 3d(Good graphics...) game requires only 90mhz.

Quote:
Alright, I'll recant on the "nearly two year old" statement, but it is *NOT* 3D in any way. The entire game is sprite based, or I'll go buy a hat and eat it! ;D
Buy a red one, they taste like cherries *Insert laughing graemlin here.*.

It is 3d, just not quite as 3d as several other games.

Quote:
Originally posted by Zephyr Tempest, The Windwarrior:
Quote:
Alright, I'll recant on the "nearly two year old" statement, but it is *NOT* 3D in any way. The entire game is sprite based, or I'll go buy a hat and eat it! ;D
Buy a red one, they taste like cherries *Insert laughing graemlin here.*.

It is 3d, just not quite as 3d as several other games.
Alright, let me rephrase my previous statement (and nimbly dodge to whole chapeau consumption issue smile

It is not "3D" in the sense that it in any way interacts with Direct3D, which was vaguely implied by a previous post in reponse to my statement about a 2D game not needing any high-end graphic capabilities. I stand by that.