desperate for GF3

i find that rather insulting,xbox games only give you the initial hour and a half of entertainment,soemtimes 6 or more hours,but geneforge,without the *@##$$% load of programmign for the uber graphics,if very good,and interesting,because of the replay value,blades of avernum,while having even less graphics(slightly only mind you) has UNLIMITED and quite excellent replay value

Amen to that, Icshi and Taker.

I suppose the trend of the day is fancy graphics and that's that. Though of course there are quite a few CRPGs that do have fancy graphics and good playing value.

Still. I'm also constantly happy that Jeff gets the business he does and continues making games like he does. I may whine and ***** about his games from time to time, but after playing them all at least twice, I can't say anything that. . .

. . . baby steps or no baby steps, damn it it's hard to wait.

And knowing that A4 may come out next year (I'm hoping this year, but that may be too soon) the baby steps are harder to make.

At any rate. It teaches us patience.

patience is worse than time,its a drag and a boost,but there is no inbetween,atleast with time you can plan things and all,but patience is simply seeing how long you can pent up your rage,bah,patience is for the slow hearted,these days,go go go,fight fight fight,and so on,alot of people apart from me wont be to oeasy on the subject of patience

In other news, I'm debating whether I should actually get GF3 when it comes out. GF1 was exciting at the beginning and disappointing at the end, and GF2 was fun for gameplay, but kind of wearisome by the end. I don't think I'd be interested in playing GF3 if it's just the same thing as GF2, which was nearly the same thing as GF1.

Quote:
Originally written by Fire Shards:
Ya, but that release date's just for Mac. PC users have to wait until a few months after March.
Foolish Windows users! Your gaming shall be pwned by the Mac insurgance. The old OS's shall be swept aside, their inventors lined up agains the wall, and we, the faithful, shall have our hour of triumph. Bwahahahahah! eek

Um, I mean, tough break dude.

Quote:
Because my Mac--which sees hard daily use in law school, as well as after school use from digital video editing to itunes, hasn't crashed since, hmmmm....... late 2002, i think.
Quote:
Congrats! And my PC's last crash was...mmh, let me see...2001. [/quote
well let me see when was the last time my mac crashed . . . ah never ya never HAHAHA PC die hahaha

From what I've been told, the newer Macs are based on Unix. I've heard they are far more difficult to infect with virus, more stable, and their desktop looks pretty (for those who like that sort of thing.) Also, now I don't know how PCs stand in that area, but before Macs were really good with desktop publishing and designing stuff. I used to hear that Macs rocked at graphics and for some reason Intel processors were better with numbers.

I've heard that years ago it was a point of pride, or something like that, to own a Mac. There was some kind of war between Macs and PCs. Mac people would say how better their newer computer was compared to this PC or that.

I don't know if the war still rages on and if it is as powerful as it used to be. But back in the days you could see barrooms (or coffeerooms) fights between Mac and Pc users. They were mean and bloody.

As for games. . . well, sure. You don't have that much variety, but most of the biggest sellers make it to Mac eventually. You do miss a few gems, but you're also spared the hellish dissapointments as you wade through the tons of garbage out there.

I think I was a Mac addict once, but I betrayed the cause in '99. Very sad.

Geneforge 3: a while yet. No cal for beta testing yet.

P.S: But now there's Mac Mini.

It's always interesting to see how these threads wander off topic. smile

I emailed Jeff yesterday to get the keys for my OS X versions of various games, and I mentioned how eagerly I was awaiting Geneforge 3. In his reply he stated "Geneforge 3 is moving right along" which is encouraging but also conveniently ambiguous.

Still, one never does want to bring down the wrath of the gods by being overconfident and saying things like "Oh yeah, it'll be out next Tuesday guaranteed, a real piece of cake, that." ZAP! You're rushed to the hospital and can't complete the task at hand for another six months. Or KATHUNK! a tree falls on your house during a thunderstorm. They'll find a way...

The first game I played was Geneforge 2, and I really liked it, so I played Geneforge 1. After that I read there would be a Geneforge 3, and got all happy about it. The 2-month wait began and continues.

I downloaded Avernum 3 and didn’t like it. I downloaded it 3 more times before I played it long enough to really get into it. It’s a very different style than Geneforge.

Now I played and finished (in this order) Avernum 3, blades, 1, 2.

I’m out of games frown I wish there were more scinerios for Blades of Avernum.

Oh yeah I’m glad Jeff provides for Mac users first, that’s how I found these games in the first place… ALL games are for PC.

I don’t put too much into graphics, but Exile’s are really hard to work with. I didn’t play Nethergate as it was lacking the more advanced fetchers I started with, like the auto map, female characters, spells and evolved dialogue. I’ll give Exile another try. Mostly I gave up on it because everyone said that Avernum is the same game remade. The better graphics makes it so much easier to get into their world.

Quote:
hey fellow pc users you can get a Mac emulator @ www.emulators.com not sure how well it works though but it's probably better than waiting a few extra months for G3
is there something like that for mac cause its really annoying not
being able to use things like the genoforge two trainer and stuff by the way has anyone made something like it for mac

yes. its called Virtual PC and it works like a charm.

www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx

EDIT: oh, unless youre talking about mac emulation on a mac, which can sometimes be neccessary. In that case "Basilisk II" is your best bet. If that's not good then there's "vMac". Too lazy to find links, but just google it.

Quote:
Originally written by me the master hahaha:
thank you laugh

and its march third shouldn't geneforge 3 be out now ????

EDIT: that is the version for windows i use mac and i want to use windows programs they do not give you a demo for mac only windows
Sorry, I don't know from demos, i just bought it.

And also, i'm hoping GF3 comes out as late as possible. very end of march would be good. Early/mid april even better. Mostly because the closer to the end of school it is for me, the less I'll fail as a result of videogame addiction.

Quote:
From what I've been told, the newer Macs are based on Unix. I've heard they are far more difficult to infect with virus, more stable, and their desktop looks pretty (for those who like that sort of thing.) Also, now I don't know how PCs stand in that area, but before Macs were really good with desktop publishing and designing stuff. I used to hear that Macs rocked at graphics and for some reason Intel processors were better with numbers.

I've heard that years ago it was a point of pride, or something like that, to own a Mac. There was some kind of war between Macs and PCs. Mac people would say how better their newer computer was compared to this PC or that.

I don't know if the war still rages on and if it is as powerful as it used to be. But back in the days you could see barrooms (or coffeerooms) fights between Mac and Pc users. They were mean and bloody.

As for games. . . well, sure. You don't have that much variety, but most of the biggest sellers make it to Mac eventually. You do miss a few gems, but you're also spared the hellish dissapointments as you wade through the tons of garbage out there.

I think I was a Mac addict once, but I betrayed the cause in '99. Very sad.

Geneforge 3: a while yet. No cal for beta testing yet.

P.S: But now there's Mac Mini.
that war is still going on and will go on until the world ends i have fights with my best friends over which is better windows or mac

mac mac mac mac mac mac laugh

HE HE HE HE HE He (runs around the room laughing for several minuts) comes back gasps and says HAHAHA PC LOST WE WON HA (falls back down in laughter)

Quote:
Avernum 4 is on the back burner for now, but we'll work hard on it as soon as Geneforge 3 is ready
that is why there is not any screenshots for avernum four

Avernum 4 will be a while. Lately, I think, Jeff has been putting out two games or so a year. So, Avernum 4 may be ready late this year, early 2006.

As for Geneforge 3. When you see a call for beta testing, then you may start getting excited. (I think Jeff has announced beta testing for all his recent games??) Until then, the less you think, the faster time will go (or so I've been told. Doesn't really work.)

Intel, so I've heard, is going to release its onw version of the Mac Mini.