Your most amusing G1-3 stunts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
"Dikiyoba the Dikiyora" is totally natural and perfect, but I'm trying to think of what "Dikiyoar" reminds me of. Something rather less elegant, methinks.
The only word I can think of offhand that ends in "oar" is "bezoar", which hardly gives the right impression.

Well, there's always "boar," and there's an old word for "frost" that I will not utter here, but it's true, neither of them should be used on Dikiyoba. (I like Dikiyoba the way Dikiyoba is.)

("Dikiyoar" sounds like a nonsense syllable in a folksong..."Them rats ain't good for fertilizer/Feed 'em to the fish/'Cause they fought too long with our Stewboy/An' deeeeeelicious Vlish...Dikiyo, dikiyo, dikiyo, dikiyo, dikiyoooooooooar....")

Quote:
"Dikiyoba the Dikiyora" is totally natural and perfect, but I'm trying to think of what "Dikiyoar" reminds me of.
Zyoar, an undiscovered 3rd level Fyoroid creation. (Fyora -> Cryoa -> Zyoar: The letter r moves two positions forward, wrapping around, while the first letter moves three positions back in the alphabet, also wrapping around.)

So Dikiyoar is similar to Dikiyora, but based on Zyoar.

I don't do many interesting things. Mostly I just go on homicidal rampages.

In G2, I kind of destroyed the entirety of the Rising. That was fun, some of those creatures were heavy on the Xp side.

In G3 I wanted to go Rebel. So I just started destroying everything as I went along. I tried going back to the School, and I was immediately attacked and killed. After a few levels and positioning my creatures ahead of me, I finally got through the entrance. I continued on, maiming and destroying as I liked, until I got to the Servant Mind. I did take the creature out, but as it died, it started bringing up messages about a data error or something. I accidently deleted the file the next day.

Quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:
Zyoar, an undiscovered 3rd level Fyoroid creation. (Fyora -> Cryoa -> Zyoar: The letter r moves two positions forward, wrapping around, while the first letter moves three positions back in the alphabet, also wrapping around.)

So Dikiyoar is similar to Dikiyora, but based on Zyoar.
Boy howdy, you must do well on the Raven Progressive Matrices.

By Jove... this must mean that there are really forty members of the Fyora family:

Fyora

Cryoa

Zyoar

Wyroa

Rtyoa

Oyora

Lryoa

Iyoar

Fyroa

Rcyoa

Zyora

Wryoa

Tyoar

Oyroa

Rlyoa

Iyora

Fryoa

Cyoar

Zyroa

Rwyoa

Tyora

Oryoa

Lyoar

Iyroa

Rfyoa

Cyora

Zryoa

Wyoar

Tyroa

Royoa

Lyora

Iryoa

Fyoar

Cyroa

Rzyoa

Wyora

Tryoa

Oyoar

Lyroa

Riyoa

I think it took about two or three minutes. There are two simple, non-interacting operations per iteration, and there are sets of 5 and 8 possibilities which factor neatly into 40.

Clearly this doesn't add anything to the emaciated list of practical applications of studying phonology. But I can permutate characters like a madman.

Quote:
Originally written by Deprecaticon:
By Jove... this must mean that there are really forty members of the Fyora family:

Fyora
Cryoa
Zyoar
Hmmm. Perhaps Shaping is related to kabbalistic magic, in which permutations of letters were thought to hold the power to animate golems, and who knows what else.

Quote:
Originally written by Alberich:
"Oyroa in a Featherboa" -- Alorael's next nickname or Andraste's next art project?
Sounds more like something that Alorael would pick up on.
Anyway, as far as random stunts go, I tend to slaughter one town per game. It usually occurs when their leader says something incredibly immoral, like sending me to kill the leader of the Awakened in G1. After smiting him I have to fight the whole town.
I did this in the Taker's city in G1, but managed to take out the leader of the Obeyers without getting caught. In G2, I fought all of the Obeyers, but managed to take out the top Takers without getting caught. A similar eventuality in G3 with the Loyalist/Obeyers.
In G4... nothing quite as major. I didn't really listen to the Shapers at all, and as such didn't end up killing off whole towns. I did, however, manage to kill of both of the Wingbolts in the Shaper keep, and gather the items the were gaurding, my first time in the keep.

Quote:
Guys? Unless upon mars has become plural somehow, you're referring to one person.
Actually, he is plural. His true title is "Upon Mar". He only becomes "Upon Mars" because there's two of him. By "Mar", he is obviously refering to the ISO code for Morocco.

If it can be done, kudos for you; if not, oh well. You could have them wearing an earpiece (for species that have ears) and holding the phone.

I just thought that since you've got almost everyone running around with an ipod, why not have someone with a cellphone? Or a blackberry? PDA? Portable TV? The anachronistic possibilities are endless.

And for additional fun, you could borrow from the Star Trek universe and give your Shaper or Agent a tricorder. Then maybe stop by the Star Wars universe to get a lightsaber for your Guardian. (Why not? laugh )

There's a reason why most pros use Photoshop... I find it to be the best program I've come into contact with. If you meant for free... I'm not sure. I worked with the Gimp for a bit, and it compared poorly with Photoshop, but I don't know how its stacks up against other Freeware programs.

Quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:
Quote:
The Mystic:
And for additional fun, you could borrow from the Star Trek universe and give your Shaper or Agent a tricorder.
Original Series tricorder, or Next Generation?
It doesn't really matter to me either way; you could even do both if you wanted.

I just threw out a bunch of suggestions so everyone could have fun incorporating other devices, not just ipods.

Quote:
Originally written by Cryptozoology:
Quote:
Originally written by Cirion Actaeon:
There's a reason why most pros use Photoshop... I find it to be the best program I've come into contact with. If you meant for free...
Photoshop. ph34r.gif
Why, yes, of course. I should have thought of recommending obtaining a free copy of Photoshop on a public forum.

(Edit: Spacing)