Need to get a Flag Number for A3

Smw355

How can I get a flag number to edit in A3 - I'd like to turn on the "talked to troglodyte King" flag (I was just messing around and I killed the him and accidentally saved it. My last back-up was along time ago) I figured out how to give myself the special item (through the character editor) but that doesn't help.

Any help very much appreciated!!!

Nobody has put together a list of special flags, unfortunately. You'll either have to reload from that old backup or go on anyway. It's still possible to win the game without completing the Troglo/Giant quest, and you may be able to finish it even after killing King Vothkaro.

—Alorael, who wonders if perhaps someone should email Jeff a request for the list of special flags. Surely he has one, and if he includes something like that in the editor, it would be nice to be able to use it.

I havn't regestered A3 yet, but if the editor is like A2, then you can just keep clicking the get things done flag and save to a different file. Remember which ones you do each time (maybe batches of 10, or something) and then load to see if it was the right one. Then narrow it down from there with a batch of 5, then 2, until you know the number you need. You can then save it and actually play from the save. (I did this with the items and special items in A2, and messed with the Get Stuff Done flag in A2 as well. This is what I did when looking for specific things.)

This is the only method for figuring out the SDF's, but it's also very difficult. There are literally thousands of different flags, each of which can be set to anywhere from 0 to 255. Then there's the possibility that several flags could affect a single event.

—Alorael, who believes that the Change SDF option of the editor was put in for alpha-testing purposes only. Unless you have all the A3 code, it's probably not going to help you.