Which side do you agree with (not which side did you choose)

In my real brain(meaning not in the game), I agree with the Awakened. Revenge always seemed pretty stupid to me(Look! He killed my father the expert swordsman! Since I'm only 10 and have no real purpose in life, let alone skill, I'm gonna hunt him down and make him pay!). In my character's brain, I usually agree with the Takers, just to get treasure/power/a continent named after me :p

I do like neutrality, which is why I joined the Awakened. I can understand that the Takers have gotten a rough deal and want some backpay, but it's not my job to help them get it. At best, it'd be to convince them of a more efficient way to improve their lives than revenge.

Interesting nobody here agrees with the Obeyers (in RL terms, not in game terms)... is this just because we're all kind-hearted, freedom-loving and openminded? :p

I agreed with each of them in different games (that is I sided with each different one). I tend to like the Awakened more, but not by much. In one of the games I just killed them all. I don't care for the Takers, though I see their frustration and their reaction. Tne Obeyers are keeping the Status Quo, and the Awakened are fine, but they still ended up being squashed. Perhaps a mixture of Awakened with a bit more edge could work. They would need to be patient, work from the inside (maybe pretending to be Obeyers for a while) until the right moment to act, not with the extreme of the Takers, but willing to go to a violent level if the need arises.

I can't side with anyone but the Awakened. And I literally mean I can't. If I try, gameplay gets really though and even unpleasant. It's a struggle to keep playing. Sooner or later I have to give up.

I think Jeff overdid the goodness of the Awakened. Their flaws are really minimal. His attempts to make them seem less attractive are really pathetic. Oh, so they killed a servant mind? That's so evil! I better side with a bunch of violent madmen instead!

Mostly because the servant minds aren't really creatures you easily sympathize with. Basically big ugly blobs vaguely resembling fourlegged animals, with an even more vaguely human face. Most of them are deranged, and those that aren't behave like robots.

Since the servant minds were made to have more mental capacity than serviles, I wonder why Jeff never included a servant mind that could develop its own thoughts...

Regardless of whether we can sympathize with the minds, they're still amusing. I think they're very amusing creatures. Especially the one in the Hill of Jars. He's funny. Ha ha ha. Um...

FRESH PRODUCE FOR SALE!

|*/=| This has been a useless spam message brought to you by The Almighty Doer of Stuff. |=\*

I would definitely side with Trajkov and the Takers.

Some Takers hate all shapers, but the smart ones realize that this is a rather unfair attitude. Shapers which help them are their allies.

The serviles definitely were (and are) mistreated. The only way to fix this is to kick some serious shaper ass.

The best defense is a good offense.

Quote:
Takers all the way, considering the damage done to the serviles.

But I sided with the Awakened out of my robotic instincts that forgiveness is preferable to revenge and violence is just wrong.
That kinda mirrors my opinion as well if only the shapers would respond to the Awakened doctrine. The obeyers also have their ending going for them where they end up being more respected serviles- So the shapers kind of give them a little of what the Awakened wanted.

I preferred the Awakened until I found their major flaw.

The major flaw I found with the Awakened was when they wanted me to do their dirty work. They claim they wanted to avoid violence - but what they meant was they wanted no blood on their hands, and it didn't matter to them if my character sold out her own people and got her hands dirty.

I prefer the Trajkov ending. I wanted the serviles to be free and treated with respect, and Trajkov delivered on that.

Well since no one else has, I might as well... I agreed with the Barzites the most. Not because of their insanity or greed for power, but for their ambition. They were willing to sacrafice anything to obtain their goals. They overthrew the rule of the shaper council, because they were holding them back, and they believed that if you had it in your power, it was yours. But then again I think you guys were probably talking about geneforge 1. Wasnt really paying attention to the category. Oops. Anyways yea.

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
(Look! He killed my father the expert swordsman! Since I'm only 10 and have no real purpose in life, let alone skill, I'm gonna hunt him down and make him pay!)
Sounds like the general line of thinking for Inego in The Princess Bride.

Anyway, IRL I sided with the Awakened, until (as it was mentioned) I realized that I was doing all their dirty work.

In-game, however, I'd side with the Takers, just because the Obeyers didn't appeal to me very much.

Yeah I sided with the awakened for the reasons already stated. However I think the decision might have been made a little harder if the obeyers werent so evil(starving the villages) and the awakened werent so angelic. Maybe if the awakened had been starving the villages and they obeyers were spotless....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i tried siding with takers and the foreign guy, and i also tried obeyers and the creators. I never tried awakened. I probably agree with the awekened the most. The only ones who would actually survive though would be the obyers, although they would live a life of servitude (like they were created too)

Isn't there something better than this old thread left in Geneforge 1? This single thread has been on for ages, and it's absolutely BORING! Come up with something better to talk about!

Aliklik - THANKS a lot for bringing this back to life. Read my previous post (ON TOPIC) for teh topical stuff.

- Archmagi Micael

Throughout my time here, I have never once yelled at anyone, however: STOP BRINGING UP OLD, DEAD TOPICS! GET A LIFE, DO NOT MAKE THE REST OF US SUFFER FROM YOUR BOREDOM! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOCK THIS TOPIC...

EDIT: I think all topics that have not been replied to within a month should be locked automatically. It would make the insanity rate quite a bit lower on these forums.

Quote:
Originally written by Captain Obvious:
Throughout my time here, I have never once yelled at anyone, however: STOP BRINGING UP OLD, DEAD TOPICS! GET A LIFE, DO NOT MAKE THE REST OF US SUFFER FROM YOUR BOREDOM! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOCK THIS TOPIC...

EDIT: I think all topics that have not been replied to within a month should be locked automatically. It would make the insanity rate quite a bit lower on these forums.
I agree there. This topic is thoroughly DEAD - like the brains of most of my school-mates! laugh

- Archmagi Micael

Quote:
Well considering that you have only been here for two months.......
This topic is slightly silly but not really offensive.

Also considering that the topic went for 4 days w/o being answered until Mike dug it out of its fresh grave, it seems that you committed the same offense that irritated you. :p
Quote:
It would make the insanity rate quite a bit lower on these forums.
Is that a real goal?

• 2 weeks later...

1) The website in your signature suggests that you know Ur-Drakon because you are Ur-Drakon.

2) I believe you when you say you're not another account of Captain Obvious. As far as I remember, CO isn't an idiot.

3) Don't triple post. Use the Edit button instead. See it there, just above where the text of your post is? That one.

I agree with the Awakened for the most part. Though they did kind of brutally kill that servant mind. They are clean and productive, and still speak to the shapers with respect, and are free. They always told me to use the Geneforge, than when I did they were afraid of me. That was kind of annoying.

The takers are almost on the right path. They are to fixated on revenge instead of improving themselves. They live in dirty conditions and their architecture has not greatly improved. That and they let the outsiders in, Truly lame. They should know with such behavior that as soon as the Shaper counsel found out they would all be killed.

The Obeyers are just sad. I felt bad for them, but there is always that less enlightened part of us that is flattered by hundreds of little servile worshiping us. I would never beat, kill or treat them badly though. Maybe over time I could get them to gain some independence. They were so loyal that they would deem you “not a true shaper” and disobey you, they way to over trained.