What's the red bar for?

Jean

Well, I've downloaded geneforge demo recently, loaded up an agent and start having fun beating up on some oinks, pretty fun.

One of those eventually killed me, which surprised me a little cause my red bar at the top right was still full smirk

I noticed after restarting that there's another bar appearing on my character when I enter combat, and that one is updating when I take damage.

Done some testing and ended up dled geneforge 2 demo, and it seems to work the same way, red bar on the top not updating when I take damage, only the one on the char during combat.

Sooo.. my question is, what is the red bar (on top of essence(?)) at the upper right for, if not health? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

On my old XP computer, it regularly froze the entire pc forcing me to pull the plug, or alternatively caused the pc to pretend I had pressed the reset button. But that says nothing, because it regularly did that with all games. No problems now.

And I have never had any health bar failing to update for any character or creation on any machine. It sounds weird; perhaps there was some program running in the background interfering?