geneforge 2 help

What are you doing with 6 creations as a guardian? Hell, I only use 4 with a shaper and never bother when playing a guardian; the skill points and essence have better uses.

Anyway... You can use Strong Daze, of course (which many people consider to be near cheating, or at least pretty boring.) That will let you kill about everything extremely simply, Gazak-Uss included. If you don't have the mental magic points for strong daze--you need 5--buy a couple in Outer Gazak-Uss, and carry along Sharon's bracelet, carnelian gloves, Agent robe, or what-have-you.

You can frequently kill things extremely quickly when you're hasted. When I play a no-strong-daze game as i usually do, Mass Energize becomes my favorite spell. It's cheap, it works, it gets the job done. You may just have enough energy to cast it.

If you don't have Mass Energize, just use a speed spore (or Rod of Alacrity), and cast Bless (or use a Rod of Battle) and protectoin (or Rod of Defenses) while you're at it. Concentrate your fire on the worst guys immediately. If you have the emerald armor (you do, don't you?) you'll get 15 action points and can get to target and still attack twice. You should kill many things in one round or two.

Finally, I assume you're using Augmentation and any other last-the-whole-level pernicious spells that you can cast (Essence Armor, Steel Skin, and Augmentation) as soon as you hit outer GZ. If you carry enough essence pods you can cast them on your whole party, though with 6 creations you'll burn pods damn fast. If you have any Armor pods those can be used on any party member I think.

you dont get it,i dont ever use enhancers on my creations,i always restart to last save point if i suffer even one casualty to ym party,second,it is absolutely impossible to fight an eyebeast if it is in open range,the thing hits no matter what you do,hits bout as much as the kill spell,and you cannot do jack next turn

I replied to this under the "Improvements for GF3" thread (which I know I shouldn't have done, sorry).

Point I made there was: get high speed. You want to have 16 AP to take IGU (assuming Speed spell, which you should keep always on). But that advice assumed you wouldn't mind it if all your companions died.

Otherwise, taker_guardian, you would probably have gotten more useful advice if you had initially mentioned the unusual constraints you want to maintain. I frankly don't know how to keep a party of six NPCs alive in Inner Gazak-Uss. It sounds like an 'Iron Man' challenge to me. The NPCs you meet in the game are all pretty lame, by the high standards of IGU. Even your Guardian's level of 39 is pretty low to tackle this place. And probably it is as low as it is because you have been sharing xp all along with your large party.

Of course you can play the game that way if you want. I'm just not sure that there will be a way for you to beat Inner Gazak-Uss under these conditions.

I think your best bet might be this. Get all the speed upgrades I mentioned in the other thread, and use the solo-Guardian tactics I mentioned there. But to save the rest of your party, first lock them behind the door in the room with the Freakish Spawner. They won't help you against the Eyebeasts anyway, and at least there they'll be safe while you get the job done.

If you are in fight mode, you'll have 15-16 APs. That's enough to 'scout' ahead 8 AP range and still make it back to your original point. more to the point, that's enough to scout ahead 10 APs and still have enough AP left to cast Strong Daze. If you find an eyebeast in fight mode, you can easily run or kill it.

More to the point, you need to consider action queuing. That is to say, some of your NPCs will probably attack before an eyebeast if they've got decent dex, some after it, and so on. You need to know where those attacks are relative to the monster you're fighting.

Why? Because if you attack a dazed monster, they only get an attack taht turn if they normally attack after you. If they normally attack before you, they don't attack until next turn.

let's imagine taht the normal attack order is you-eyebeast-Giant Roamer-Rat-Abandoned Thahd. Approach a dazed eyebeast and get right next to it. do NOT attack it; skip the rest of your turn. Then have all the rest of your party attack. The eyebeast won't get an attack that turn. The next turn you'll get 3 full melee attacks before the eyebeast gets a chance, and if you can't kill it at that point then nothing I can say is going to help you here wink