Editor edge drawing issues

Niemand

Quote:
Originally written by Dahak:
If the designer replaces the graphics for floors 11-22 or 45-56 then the code that handles drawing the edges for cave/stone or grass/dirt instead defaults to 18 (for 11-22) and 52(for 45-56) when ever you attempt to draw with dirt or any of its edges. So instead of a nice 3x3 square you instead get a 3x3 grid of corners.
So I said I would look into this and I did; I replaced the graphics for floors 45 to 56, and everything behaved exactly as it should. Dahak, what version of the editor were using, and how did you 'replace the graphics'? Can anyone else reproduce/shed light on this bug?

I just loaded the graphic into a sheet and this code to the data script.

Code:
// Dirt - Grassbegindefinefloor 45;	clear;	fl_name = "Dirt";	fl_which_sheet = 508;	fl_which_icon = 0;	fl_ed_which_sheet = 680;	fl_ed_which_icon = 25;begindefinefloor 46;	clear;	fl_which_sheet = 508;	fl_ed_which_sheet = 680;	fl_which_icon = 1;	fl_ed_which_icon = 26;begindefinefloor 47;	fl_which_icon = 2;	fl_ed_which_icon = 27;begindefinefloor 48;	fl_which_icon = 3;	fl_ed_which_icon = 28;begindefinefloor 49;	fl_which_icon = 4;	fl_ed_which_icon = 29;begindefinefloor 50;	fl_which_icon = 5;	fl_ed_which_icon = 30;begindefinefloor 51;	fl_which_icon = 6;	fl_ed_which_icon = 31;begindefinefloor 52;	fl_which_icon = 7;	fl_ed_which_icon = 32;begindefinefloor 53;	fl_which_icon = 8;	fl_ed_which_icon = 33;begindefinefloor 54;	fl_which_icon = 9;	fl_ed_which_icon = 34;begindefinefloor 55;	fl_which_icon = 10;	fl_ed_which_icon = 35;begindefinefloor 56;	fl_which_icon = 11;	fl_ed_which_icon = 36;
Edit:

The versions are - Mac OS X, Editor 1.02b5 and v1.0.3. Both have this issue.

Somehow, the way you redfined the floor seems to have done it. I think you'll find that everything works if you do:

Code:
 begindefinefloor 45;	fl_name = "Dirt";	fl_is_ground = 0;	fl_is_rough = 1;	fl_out_fight_town_used = 1017; //could be changed	fl_which_sheet = 508;	fl_which_icon = 0;	fl_ed_which_sheet = 680;	fl_ed_which_icon = 25;begindefinefloor 46;	fl_which_icon = 1;	fl_ed_which_icon = 26;begindefinefloor 47;	fl_which_icon = 2;	fl_ed_which_icon = 27;begindefinefloor 48;	fl_which_icon = 3;	fl_ed_which_icon = 28;begindefinefloor 49;	fl_which_icon = 4;	fl_ed_which_icon = 29;begindefinefloor 50;	fl_which_icon = 5;	fl_ed_which_icon = 30;begindefinefloor 51;	fl_which_icon = 6;	fl_ed_which_icon = 31;begindefinefloor 52;	fl_which_icon = 7;	fl_ed_which_icon = 32;begindefinefloor 53;	fl_which_icon = 8;	fl_ed_which_icon = 33;begindefinefloor 54;	fl_which_icon = 9;	fl_ed_which_icon = 34;begindefinefloor 55;	fl_which_icon = 10;	fl_ed_which_icon = 35;begindefinefloor 56;	fl_which_icon = 11;	fl_ed_which_icon = 36; 
I think that the 'ground' and 'rough' settings may be what the editor actually detects for edge drawing, or something.

I was going to prove you wrong by copying the whole code you posted instead of just the changes... But when I did that it worked. It just needs fl_is_rough = 1; to work.

But I had that the first time and it didn't work after I reopened the scenario...

Whatever, it works now.

Edit:

Nevermind the edit. It doesn't exist so there is nothing to see. Move along folks.