Missing...

Dahak

Micael, the hills should stay. The islands are supposed to be floating above the Abyss. It comes out whenever I finish, which is whenever it happens. I rarely have that free time, so it is slow. Thankfully, I don't need much in the way of towns are outdoors.

May I ask how you got your bridge to work? I have made one myself that looks similar; the graphic is adjusted upward by the height of a few levels of cliff, and it looks great when the party walks on it, but getting on it is a problem because technically they have to jump off of a cliff to reach it, even though it looks like it is at he same height.

Okay. Several things first.

1) Changed rock type. Opinions?

rocky.jpg

2) Cannot do underhanging rocks. BoA is unfriendly about it (tile coverup)

3) Anything else?

platform.jpg

4) Those are the Vahnatai light, outdoors = no light emitted. Not bushes. Although, maybe I could use the big lamps... Hm.

5) I am zipping up the files to be sent to the Louvre.

Edit:

I tried to add a nebula (Orion Nebula actually is where this takes place), but the images I have are BIG, and all my attempts to shrink to managable size (32 floors) failed. I'm trying though. Maybe others objects to fill in the void?

Drakey used to house Motekye's boulders on his site. They were very good, more irregular and natural. Where are they, Drakey?

I like this stary void. Yes, a spiraling nebula would be great. Why not make one from scratch?

I think the green tile floor looks good there.

I notice that people always complain whenever someone tries to use that floor for something besides a Vahnatai building. I don't understand why, though. It's just green tiles. There's nothing particular about green tiles that's specific to the vahnatai. My mother was considering getting green tiles for the kitchen a few years ago. Honestly, people, get over it. :p

EDIT: Also, I like the grey rocks better than the brown rocks. I don't like the brown rocks.

I would edit the bridge graphics so that they don't look so much like wood - either changing the graphics to a metallic gray color, or even better, making a sort of cobblestone foot path, where you can see the black of the void through the cracks - as though the stones were just floating in the nothing.

Very cool work! smile

The nebula should be 2x2, just because I can't yet place it without the nomenclature.

Meanwhile, I can't say I agree with the use of floors in the second shot- too many colors. The bright R, G and B don't set one another off very well- maybe using a green regal carpet or a darker mosaic tileset would help.

Too many colours and too many patterns, yes. Look at the first picture, where the void has a majesty that is no longer noticeable in the second pic. If you want to blend void and passageway into one flowing, otherworldly experience, choose colours and patterns that add to the flow and do not break it.

I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. This bigger nebula simply doesn't look nearly as good as the smaller one. I'll keep trying some other time.

EDIT: By the way, I hope you're putting as much effort into the plot of this scenario as you are into the way it looks. Have you read the articles I listed in this thread ?

The red is a flying carpet that you arrived on. I could ditch it and add a portal, but I felt that the "portal" arrival was overdone.

arrive_carpet.jpg

Quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. This bigger nebula simply doesn't look nearly as good as the smaller one. I'll keep trying some other time.

EDIT: By the way, I hope you're putting as much effort into the plot of this scenario as you are into the way it looks. Have you read the articles I listed in this thread ?

Sent you a PM with details. You tell me if I got it right.

---

I'll work on an alternate bridge. Hm.

Quote:
2) Cannot do underhanging rocks. BoA is unfriendly about it (tile coverup)
Think about changing the wall terrain to give that spikey look (like estalactites [sp?]), instead of adding any graphics to the base of the floating islands.

About the nebula pic you say you can't shrink... What's the problem about shrinking it? Maybe I can do it for you.

I managed to get a nebula to work, but it didn't merge seamlessly with the black of the surrounding terrain. I need to edit a bit first.

Edit:

I'll get back to it in a bit, but first, I want to read the Half-Blood Prince. Toodles!

Edit2:

I managed a nebula, changed the bridge, and changed the hills. Opinions?

alternate.jpg

The pillar-rock combo seems odd to me. Not sure why, but my eye is drawn that way. As far as the bridge, it is a great improvement, but I think that was in mind earlier was more on the lines of stepping stones in a pond. But with stalagmites. Not sure how that would work in the RP, maybe a dexterity check to make sure you can get across the floating bridge?

*this message sponsored by horsehead lager - which mightly approves of the nebula*

Quote:
Originally written by Frankie Vallium:
Oooooh!!! I love the nebula- and the pillars are fantastic. The green and purple really set one another off. The cobblestone bridge is also preferable to the shoddy-looking wooden one.

5/5

Now finish the damn thing! ;_;
To Do:
Finish last town <-- Current step.
Create creatures
Place creatues
Add town scripts
Type intro
Type dialouge
Proof scenario

The void and nebula are awesome!

The pillars and tile go very well with the grass and trees. The stone bridge looks good too, but I liked the wooden bridge a bit more. The floating rocks and stars look great, too.

I like the idea of the floating carpet arrival, but I'm not too into it being red.

Thank you for sending the graphics to the Louvre smile

Did I say something funny? If so, it was completely unintentional. I wanted to verify Frankie Vallium's status two days ago, so I sent a PM to one of the forum moderators inquiring how he could be banned and yet still post. That moderator gave me the information I recently posted. Please forgive me if I was misinformed, but that is the message I received. I don't know exactly what a forum admin is, but Drakefyre is not listed as one of the moderators for this forum whom I contacted.

Please, though, continue to focus on the main subject here. I too prefer the hills to the pillars.

TM (or Frankie Vallium) is banned, and he hasn't posted since his banning. All of his posts are dated before he was banned. And I don't need to be listed as a moderator, because I'm an administrator, which means I moderate every forum automatically, and I can also do behind the scenes stuff, like banning people.