16 but MS-DOS error

creatrix

I keep getting a error when i try and run exile3.exe i even tried dl the latest version and the installer wont even run. it says:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\DOCUME~1\CREATRIX\Desktop\exil3v10.exe

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Windows Applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

2 buttons: Close & Ignore. they both do nothing.

This is a common problem in XP. What happens is that some files became damaged or removed at some point and this randomly causes some applications/games to not run and display the error you are getting. There are three small files in total(altogether around 92kb in size) and I happen to have them all in one self-extracting file if you want me to mail it to you. All you have to do is run the self-extractor and the files will be unzipped into the correct places.

Otherwise you can do a search for the files individually and then manually place them but this is a pain in the ass for most people.

If you want to learn all the details or just confirm what I am telling you then do a Google for the error message you are getting and select a link from a tech support forum.

I went through the same thing adn it took me a while to hunt down this easy fix from some tech support guy at some forum whose name I don't remember(the guy went by the handle of "Blackbeard" or "Bluebeard" though). I held onto the file for just such an occasion as this.

Alternatively, you can search yourself for the file "XPHomefiles.exe". It should be 92kb in size and posted at some type of help forums.

EDIT: I sent the file to the email address in your profile.

• 2 weeks later...