Item Augmentation?

Quote:
From scenario ported from BoE (dialog script):
//OBSOLETE: Individual items can no longer be augmented.
// You can hardcode this using the it_augment_item field and.
// the augment_item_on_space function.
Has anyone ever tried this? Will BoA actually recognise this undocumented item attribute and undocumented command or is it just something that never made it into the game?
(This actually makes me think of the way augmenting works in G3+4.)

I performed some very quick tests on the HLPM. They proved with some certainty that it_augment_item doesn't work; the engine didn't recognize the command.

augment_item_on_space turned up some slightly more interesting results. It, quite literally, did nothing discernible. No error, no visible change, nothing. However, with the speed I performed the tests at, I didn't get a chance to look the results through thoroughly.

Item records in BoA have a hidden "augment_item" property that seems to be ignored by the game (Editor, global.h ~line 521). "it_augment_item_type" is listed in the token parser code (Editor, tokntype.h ~line 1000), but is also ignored, I believe.

EDIT: My guess is that Jeff meant to support this, but didn't get around to finishing it.

But there is a function to check for an item on a space and take it. Unfortunately it checks by class, but it's still there...

Quote:
Originally written by Niemand:

Item records in BoA have a hidden "augment_item" property that seems to be ignored by the game (Editor, global.h ~line 521). "it_augment_item_type" is listed in the token parser code (Editor, tokntype.h ~line 1000), but is also ignored, I believe.

it.

Obviously the editor would ignore it since it does not affect how the editor displays an item. And I imagine (assuming this is actually implemented) that giving an item this property would not have any affect until you called the augment_item_on_space function.

The only way to determine whether this works is to test it, which I can't do since I haven't yet purchased the game.

Oh well... I was hoping he had just forgotten to document it. frown

Quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

I think we found like 6 item 'properties' that are actually just ignored. Augment_number was one of them.

What are the other 5? Are any of them documented?