Custom Graphics

La paix

To actually create a .cmg file you need a resourcing program like ResEdit or ResFool (I don't think the former works on OSX). If you wish to use premade custom graphics, you'll have to copy them and paste it into a cmg file you're creating with the resourcing program.

Edit: Why am I always beaten to a question?

Images must be copied in PICT format. Copying from Preview or Appleworks should work, copying from newer version of Safari will not work.

(The problem is that GA only understands the PICT pasteboard flavor, which many newer programs do not supply.)

The import feature is a batch conversion tool which converts wholesale all of the Windows versions of graphics (all those dumb G___.bmp files) for a scenario into a Mac version cmg file. It is only intended for rapidly porting graphics, so it's not what you want if your assembling the graphics for a totally new scenario.

Quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:
To actually create a .cmg file you need a resourcing program like ResEdit or ResFool (I don't think the former works on OSX).
ResEdit (IMO, a far superior program to the latter) only runs on Classic, sadly. ResFool doesn't show the image unless you open it, but I dealt with that for about a week before discovering the glory that is Graphic Adjuster. Now all I need ResFool for is custom SFX, which should be used sparingly anyway, as the feature is only compatible with Mac.

Quote:
Originally written by Niemand:
Images must be copied in PICT format. Copying from Preview or Appleworks should work, copying from newer version of Safari will not work.
Are you sure about that? I've used GIF and PNG formats and they worked fine (at least, I sure hope they did! They seem too...).

Very well. I've created a custom walls sheet. However, I can't quite get them to work. The basic walls are always cutaway. Here's the script:

Code:
 begindefineterrain 433;	clear;	import = 2;	te_which_sheet = 502;	te_which_icon = 0;	te_cutaway_which_sheet = 502;	te_cutaway_which_icon = 4;	te_name = "Crystal Wall";begindefineterrain 434;	import = 3;	te_which_sheet = 502;	te_which_icon = 1;	te_cutaway_which_sheet = 502;	te_cutaway_which_icon = 5;begindefineterrain 435;	import = 4;	te_which_sheet = 502;	te_which_icon = 0;	te_cutaway_which_sheet = 502;	te_cutaway_which_icon = 4;begindefineterrain 436;	import = 5;	te_which_sheet = 502;	te_which_icon = 1;	te_cutaway_which_sheet = 502;	te_cutaway_which_icon = 5;begindefineterrain 437;	import = 6;	te_which_sheet = 502;	te_which_icon = 2;	te_cutaway_which_sheet = -1;begindefineterrain 438;	import = 7;	te_which_sheet = 502;	te_which_icon = 3;	te_cutaway_which_sheet = -1; 

Well, then you have to waste something like ten terrain slots on a set of 'fake' walls, as Dahak said. 'Fake', in that the engine doesn't draw them quite properly. But you just have to do what Fractal has done, making sure that you replace all of the appropriate traits. There are several values for which icons/sheets are used for cutaway viewing, and you need to make sure that you fix all of them.