If anyone has any little marganys of advice for the King of Noobs in A1 i would please like to hear it thank you.

[if you are considering insulting me for some crazed reason try to refrain and act like a civilized person instead of a imature jerk (i have had plents of bad experiances) thank you so much]

The game includes quite a tips in the 'instant help'. Read them the first time, then switch off the instant help forever.

This should cover the basics like equipping weapons and armor and how to fight. In Avernum learning to fight is the most important thing to understand. The only danger you are in is getting killed by a lot of wandering monsters, there is little else you can do wrong, at least not early on.

Originally by Faldnag:

Quote:
Why I mention this is because I need to find a way to switch characters around for bashing doors.
I think that the strongest character always attempts to bash down the doors and so will always take damage. I've never found bashing to be effective, personally. A lot of the storerooms in Fort Avernum probably can't be opened for a while, anyway. Make a note of the doors you can't open so you can come back later when you're more experienced and move on.

Dikiyoba.

Hebrew? It's definitely not microscopic in Hebrew, though. Actually, I'd be unsurprised if most Middle Eastern languages used loanwords from Latin roots for microscopic.

—Alorael, who gives up. Nobody can figure out even what language the word is from and it's obviously either exceptionally uncommon or not the standard Romanization.

First, I don't give a (censored) about word origins.

Second, let's get back on topic. That said,

Quote:
Originally written by Faldnag:

Why I mention this is because I need to find a way to switch characters around for bashing doors. Why I ask is i'm tired of loaading every time my first character dies. confusedconfused

Forget bashing doors altogether, it's normally not worth the time or effort. I've long since learned from the Exile trilogy not to bother with it.

Since it seems like you've barely started, your PCs aren't nearly strong enough to do much of it anyway. Here's what you should do instead:

1) Leave Fort Avernum.

2) Kill wandering monsters, and take their stuff (and gain some XP too! smile ).

3) Sell the stuff you picked up from the dead monsters.

4) Repeat 2 & 3 until you have about 500-1000 gold.

5) Go north to Formello and buy Unlock Doors at level 2 from a mage in the library.

Now you can open most locked doors.

Also, Dikiyoba - You're right, the strongest character always attempts to bash the door down.

It's not the Bandits it's hust I have OCD so I have to do everything in a apecific pattern.

In other news since i have superior battle strategies i explored ALL laugh of the Bat Cave (immediatly) but i can't figuire out how to read the Divine Fire lv 3

Possibilities

Need higher then 30 runereading(i already had it from the lv 3 Smite)

Need lv 1 Divine Fire

Any other thoeries or proven answers please respond

Quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:
Going north to Formello runs the risk of being chased by large bandit groups before you are ready.
On the rare occasion when I do meet up with some bantits, they have trouble with me, not I with them. It's one of the subtle joys of starting off with a decent amount of mage & priest spell skills.

Quote:
Originally written by Faldnag:
I felt a need to keep this conversation going, so how how do you steal Motrax's stuff.
I recommend you kill Pyrog first (spoiler: You have to kill him anyway to beat the game), just to make sure you're strong enough to take on a dragon and live to tell the tale. Then kill Motrax and everyone else in the cave. Once that's done, you can take his stuff.

Edit -Oh. Someone posted first.

No, but the space where the alarm would sound can be passed. Line your group next to it (straight). Then enter fight mode, and exit it. Usually you should pass it.

Also, in A1, you can keep bashing doors over and over again, and eventually it will open. Though, I have only done this with *requiers skill of 80* doors.

Quote:
Dikiyoba:
Make a note of the doors you can't open so you can come back later when you're more experienced and move on.
Doing this sucks. I recommend cheating. Those Fort Avernum doors are nothing a little maxed out unlock spell can't cure. And those nephilim won't know what hit 'em if you beef yourself up a bit before attacking them.

Nephilim are slightly easiser than nepaharim. The names are misnomers, though, because the Nephilim Fort has nepharim as well and is undeniably the tougher of the two, as you can probably tell from the first ten steps there.

It makes more sense to tackle the Nepharim Fort first, but I don't think it's essential. If you can handle the tougher Nephilim Fort now, go ahead.

—Alorael, who recommends the powers of basic observation. A crude fort hacked out of a cave is less impressive looking than a giant castle. The difficulty matches.

The Bandit Fort near Fort Duvno is presumably meant to be the first major dungeon that you tackle.

Motrax's treasure is nothing much anyway, so it is not meant to be stolen.

Combat is not difficult if you have the right party make up. My third character started with a level 2 in Mage Spells and a level 6 in Priest Spells, while the fourth character was the other way around.