Wrapped-Up Bug

I'm nearly through A2, getting ready to head off on the final mission to kill Garzahd. However, there is something I cannot figure out. Somewhere along the way, I acquired an item in my Special Items list called a Wrapped-Up Bug. It is described as, "the mummified husk of a large insect... wrapped up in a weblike material".

Does anyone know what this is and what should be done with it? Am I supposed to give it to someone?

I have Searched through the forum here and Schrodinger's A2 website and can find no mention of it. There's also nothing in my quest list or game journal about it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon

Hmm... Been a while since I've played A2. But here's what I remember, without giving too much away:

Check around the area where you got the bug. (North of Mancuso, if I remember correctly.) There should be an altar somewhere around there. With the bug in your inventory, something interesting should happen. It may take several times, and the special happening may be repeatable - like I said, it's been a while, and I'm not 100% sure. Just play around with bugs and the altar and eventually something good will occur.

EDIT: Please let me know if this works.

The bug mistake, or the fact that Icshi apparently keeps an eye on you in an unsettling way?

—Alorael, who can think of an alternative, but not a good one. Maybe Icshi knows what will happen in your life because he can see the future! Unfortunately, he's predicted bad things then. So, well, pick your poison.

Watch it with the tools, though. You can take them from the supply depot with no trouble, but the man who wants them is not exactly on the bright and sunny side of the law.

In other words, you lose reputation. It probably doesn't make much difference in the long run, but there's something deep in the numerically subtle, but sentimentally profound difference between 'Beloved' and 'Worshipped'.