I've noticed AV1 in AV2 there are wondering cows outside that if you bump into you get a message that you try to round them up but the cows are just too agile to catch. I leveled up my cave lore fairly high but nothing different ever happens. Are these here just as a teaser?

The cows are there as atmosphere. It explains where some meat comes from. Other sources of meat you really don't want to know.

Those cows have always frustrated the bejeebus out of me. *nodnod* I also have always wished that I could round up the lost cows and get them back home.

i h8 those useless outdoor cows they do nothing.

i try to avoid them.

cause you can never catch them even with 100 points to all skills.

Those cows are indeed a frustration best avoided, but the lonely cows that follow you and stick to you like glue just out of Almaria are much, much worse.

I only hated them because for some reason the game would run much, much slower when the party was located adjacent to the pursuing cows. Two spaces away was fine, but one made escape painfully lethargic.

—Alorael, who suspects that his intrepid adventurers were forced to plod along and ruminate as they walked.

Although I find that you do move a little faster if you use arrow keys instead of the mouse.

Originally Posted By: TJC Shaper
i h8 those useless outdoor cows they do nothing.

They're probably coded that way.

They're intentionally coded to do nothing but follow you. They're unintentionally coded to make movement a chore.

—Alorael, who will have you know that even Avernites have more dignity than to ride cows. The brave ride lizards. The living walk.

Originally Posted By: Jumpin' Salmon
They would have made for interesting mounts.

Quote:
He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages; so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on.
-Benjamin Franklin

grin