A3: 'You feel a chill up your spine'

Semi-frequently while exploring the world map, I'll get a popup telling me that I 'feel a chill up my spine'. Says something about how I look around for enemies, but don't see any. Nothing else happens, yet.

I've just finished the roaches, & am starting the troglodytes, but I've had the popups everywhere. Even in upper Avernum.

Anyone know what this is about? Googling it gets zero results which I thought was weird. Whatever it is feels really ominous.

I don't think I've ever run into that.  Check your special items to see if there's anything odd in there/dread curse.  Are you hauling around any of the Xian items (like the Talking Skull - which does not give that message ... lots of other annoying ones, but not that...) that might be adversely affecting you?  Maybe some sort of cursed item in your inventory?  Did you trash the vampire's palace down near Storm Port but 'not' finish him off?

28 minutes ago, TriRodent said:

Did you trash the vampire's palace down near Storm Port but 'not' finish him off?

Now that you mention it, these messages started basically as soon as I finished with that place lol.

I killed him in the entryway, and got a message about him floating off as a ghost, but then forgot about it as I had a bunch of summoned rats still to deal with. I'm guessing that means that I have to go back and sort that out still?

I thought it was weird that the stormport people were giving me snark about 'allegedly' solving their undead problem when I turned in the quest.

EDIT: Yep, just got a message saying he's going to 'haunt me til the end of days'. So I guess that solves that 😅

Edited by kohta3