Geneforge 3

rist

It's kinda wild that supporting the shapers is likely the more ethical path. Between canister-crazed rebels, and power-hungry drakon supremacists, it doesn't seem like 'lesser' creations are going to fare particularly well under rebel rule. The rebels are generating thousands of creations for no purpose other than to die fighting (or starve in an overpopulated environment) and they claim the moral high ground? The Geneforge series does a great job with moral conundrums, but I was surprised how far Jeff took it with this game!

10 hours ago, TriRodent said:

The thing that I hated the most was having to slowly haul my piles of loot from one island to another...

My first play through, I hauled the loot to a new island and before I could empty out my inventory, I'm attacked and can't do anything until I've emptied it out.

I hated sorting through the loot pile to find what I wanted each time I was moving to craft at an anvil or just what I might want while exploring.

On 10/20/2020 at 3:28 PM, rist said:

It's kinda wild that supporting the shapers is likely the more ethical path. Between canister-crazed rebels, and power-hungry drakon supremacists, it doesn't seem like 'lesser' creations are going to fare particularly well under rebel rule. The rebels are generating thousands of creations for no purpose other than to die fighting (or starve in an overpopulated environment) and they claim the moral high ground? The Geneforge series does a great job with moral conundrums, but I was surprised how far Jeff took it with this game!

I am 100% pro-rebellion.

I couldn't go for the rebels in GF3. Not with Litalia trying to bully me to join after killing all my friends. Both sides are very, very bad in GF3, but since I start as a Shaper, I stick to the evil side we know and didn't kill my character's friends. 

On 10/20/2020 at 6:50 PM, rist said:

The awakened are more or less 'good guys'. They're insufficiently careful about shaping but they basically respect everyone's agency and don't really want to go to war. Tuldaric is/was obviously a problem though.

Blasphemy!!! 

Tuldaric may have ... lost his way towards the end, but he never goes as far as Barzahl and he will forever be the guy that gave real magic to Serviles instead of that horrible cult stuff we see in the isolated ones in the games.  

Edited by alhoon