A2CS: Thompson's Pressure Plate [SOLVED]

After you go down to the basement in Fort Remote and open the gate with the Runed Key, you enter a room with a pressure plate that opens a gate. How do I keep it open? I can get through in combat mode but then I can't get back out, so that's obviously not what I'm supposed to do. There are a bunch of other weird tiles in the room and some broken clay on the pressure plate.

EDIT: The solution:

Spoiler

I needed to step on the light brown pressure plate first, and then avoid the dark pressure plates as I walked to the gate.

Edited by The Almighty Doer of Stuff

How do I solve the puzzle? I've already killed all the monsters and I don't know how to keep the gate open. It only opens when I step on the pressure plate.

EDIT: I figured it out. I put the solution in a spoiler tag in the first post.

Edited by The Almighty Doer of Stuff

ADoS, please try and cut down on the double posting.  It's not a huge deal, but you've been doing it a lot lately.

Yes, if the sibling posts have substantially different things to say, we get it.  But when it's been a couple hours and one of your posts is three words long, please use the edit button.  The boards are not a chat room and it really shouldn't be coming up this frequently.

Thanks.