Can't Get Past "Thornton Ruins" Area

Hi everyone!

I am making my warrior(who is implementing TheKian's Artifact Weapon Mod) and am stuck and cannot get past Thornton Ruins or Moseh's Bunker. I have extremely low leadership and mechanics, so I am missing out on so much. I'll share a screenshot of my stats below and my party roster. I am aware that taking the Shapers' side won't harm my reputation with the rebels(I can always convert back to a rebel). The only solution I found was going into Moseh's bunker, but he killed Khur and I was like "Nooo...!" 😡mJrfqR.png 

DPzTCM.png

What else can I do to improve my mechanics and leadership without doing the Shapers' quest, or should I just do them? I'm afraid I'll lose Khur, so that's why I don't do them. However, if Khur is not bothered by my helping the Shapers, I'll give the Shapers' quests a try. I just need a confirmation that I can still keep Khur despite helping the Shapers in the beginning. Thanks everyone!

Let's just say that you HAVE to go through Moseh's bunker anyway. You'll lose Khur, sorry to say it buddy. In my playthrough, the servile I had with me (not sure if he was Khur IIRC) turned against me. Sooo... keep in mind that while Khur won't say anything if you do a couple of quests for the Shapers, at some point, without warning he would tell you "I know you're not a true rebel" and turn against you. 

You can be full rebel, 150% rebel, and you would still lose Khur. 

Edited by alhoon

It's funny how Khur said he was "ready to die," just before being killed by Moseh. 😞 Can my party handle Moseh without Khur? I know my total damage dealt will be decreased by quite bit.  Do you recommend I still go pure rebel or should I consider some Shaper quests since Khur is going to die anyway? That's so sad...I wanted to keep him for the whole game. Oh well, time to complete some Shaper quests, then. At least my creations don't mind as much as Khur does. Thank you, alhoon! :)

5 minutes ago, Wizardman468 said:

That's too bad.... Perhaps I'll just take down Moseh without Khur then. Thanks, alhoon! I really wished it would have been otherwise, but it can't unless I mod it. Thanks for your insightful suggestion!

You just said: " it can't unless I mod it." 

Simply put... mod it. :)

[The fight with Moseh is hard no matter which path you take as helping Shapers or Rebels.

It gets easier if you do certain things for instance as pro-Shaper you can get help from the other bunkers. You need to explore to the northeast of Moseh with enough mechanics to turn off some of his defenses.

I was checking the scripts for Moseh killing Khur. I have  to say... perhaps not mod it, friend. Khur's death at the hands of Moseh is climatic and cathartic, a fitting end for Khur. If you haven't played it through, do so.  

I have forgot how awesome GF4 was... it's my favorite GF4 game and Moseh and Monarch are the main reasons for it. 

Try this and tell me if it works: 

Spoiler

begintalknode 150;     

state = -1;     

nextstate = -1;     

condition = 1;   

question = "";   

text1 = "At last, all of the power fueling Moseh has faded. All that is left is a wrecked shell of a human being. Starved for food, for water, for sleep. The magic and the essence were the only things keeping him alive, and they are depleted.";   

text2 = "You don't even need to strike him. He falls to the ground, dead.";     

text3 = "You slump to the ground, exhausted by your ordeal. There is now a long stretch of the Barrier Zone that is unguarded. You've done a great service for the rebels. And at a great cost.";

text4 = "A few minutes pass as you catch your breath till you see movement in the Shadows. Before you move to strike the newcomer, a Servile reluctantly approaches. He eyes Moseh's husk with disgust.";

text5 = "_Greetings, lifecrafter! Thank you for saving me, for saving all of the rebels in Illya!_ He nods to you with a smile, admiration and respect in his eyes. _I am Marthian._ ";

text6 = "_Your methods bring results, hero of Illya. Allow me to help you in your quest, repaying you for saving my life._  Marthian takes his place next to you, a stalwart blade by your side";

code =

spawn_creature(6);

set_walk_speed(14,30);

change_max_health(14,50);

set_resistance(14,0,40);

set_name(14,"Marthian");

set_level(14,16);

add_char_to_party(14);

sf(39,50,1);

break;    

The red entries are new ones. This simple script should hopefully give you a Servile, Marthian. This guy is level 16, has 25% higher walking speed so he can move further in a round, he has a small bonus to hp and significant armor. 

Now, that script SHOULD trigger as Moseh dies. Not if you fix him, if you kill him. 

Find talknode 150 in z39mosehbdlg.txt 

Back-up the file!!!! 

Then, put the red text in talknode 150. 

Make sure you have one slot empty in your party.
Re-kill Moseh (sorry!) 

If you DON'T get a servile named Marthian in your party then I did something wrong. 

Edited by alhoon

All done! I copy and paste your modifications into the z39mosehbdlg.txt file. I selected talknode 150, then pasted over your lines, so I replaced the talknode 150 with your script. I'll send you an image of the text file so you can see the edit. Thank you so much, alhoon! I will get back to you tomorrow morning. Also, don't worry, I backed up my file in my documents folder, so it's safe.

http://m.uploadedit.com/busd/1593893268711.txt

Also, in regards to the Elemental-Rune Thahd(a made-up creation that I made from the Unstable Thahd), it still slowly dissipates until death. Is there any way to disable this dissipation so the thahd always stays alive? Thanks! It's looking to be very promising for a creation. Thanks everyone and to alhoon and Randomizer!

Best,

Andrew

Hi alhoon, 
I plan on giving this mod a try. I am still going to apply the edits, like pressing enter after the “;”. I’ve actually not attempted killing Moseh yet, because like I said, I felt bad that Khur died in the process. However, I enjoy how you added this script to have another servile join my team. I will give it a try and let you know if it works. Thank you, alhoon! :)

"surrendering to you._";begintalknode 150;"

Hit the lines there, breaking the blocks, as in: 

...urrendering to you._";
begintalknode 150;     
state = -1; 
nextstate = -1;     
condition = 1;    
question = "";
text1 ="At last ... 

EDIT: Or... simply use this zipfile from here. It has instructions on how to install this mini-mod. 

Edited by alhoon