Sign in to follow this  
alhoon

[GF1-M]: The non-spoiler thread about Geneforge Mutagen

Dear all, I realized that obviously the vast majority that have been visiting these forums have played the old Geneforge 1. I am probably the only one that has not played geneforge 1 and is, by decision, blissfully unaware of what happens there.
However, I would like to talk about the upcoming game without spoilers plus I expect newcomers will eventually find their way in this forum as we get closer to release. 

So... I believe we need a non-spoiler thread, which means no spoilers from the whole saga, for the newcomers. I took the liberty to make such a thread.

The butler did it.

Oh crap, sorry.  I didn't read the title first .... huh ... ? .... I've been locked out of the edit feature .... aaaauuuughhh....

{runs from the room (after gathering one last whiff of that new paint smell...) screaming & hiding face in shame....}

/good idea btw

I'm so excited for this game. My biggest hope for it is that Jeff doesn't go too overboard on the changes because for me the nostalgia is what I'm most looking forwards too but I doubt he'll change too much. What else would be awesome is establishing a more concurrent lore. I know it's messy with multiple endings and all but as an example

kryyk being alive in GF4 was strange when the ashen isles are a rebel stronghold in that game and the only way to get a rebel victory in GF3 is too kill him on Gull Island.

What do you guys think? Should Jeff pick a victory from each previous game and run with it on the next one of should he continue mixing whats "canon" up? 

I think, from what I read, that Jeff is not going to remove anything, but will simply add things. Some of the "changes", like how the creations may look in the artwork compared to what we had in mind, are not really changes.  For example, the Thahd looks more feline than I thought, but that's how it was in my head, not a change. 

Changing the mechanics though... that's the reason I waited to go into GF1 in the first place! 🙂 
But I don't think GF1-M will remove anything story-wise. 

As for picking a victory from each previous game, I am not sure he will go with that. There are too many possible endings for him to simply stay faithful to one in my opinion. But we will see in the future. 

alhoon, 
I am so excited about the updated game mechanics of the remastered Geneforge 1. I can’t wait to tweak them around and apply the skill tree system with my main character and creations. You’re definitely correct about the art not being set in stone. I’ve always thought of thahds looking more like humans than felines. Thanks for your honest and different perspective. My favorite creation conceptual art is the clawbug...it looks so descriptive and real! Keeping my fingers crossed that this game will be a success, if not better than the original.