Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Mage

Random

Posted (edited)

Well, I named this Random as I don't know in which forum I should include this. I had experience with the game for few years. I am critical to some points of that. Not to impossible things but something Jeff could have did to improve.

1. There should be a high AP such as 8 to 10 to allow variations in it. Reasons below:

2. AP should be proportional to health. Health is merely seen as a count in the game but it is more important. The character's efficiency and speed should change with health.

3. Slow spell is to slow the foe, not to halt it. It should not be made to lose turns but should have reduced APs. Battles are real time based according to in-game view.

4. Another appreciable thing in Exile. Character MUST eat and rest. They can't walk 1000 miles per day. But, in avernum one don't want to worry about PCs.

5. In second trilogy, the bows are getting infinite arrows which is impossible. This gives more advantage to ranged fighters specifically as they can attack recklessly without reaching close.

Edited by Warrior Mage

3. Slow spell is handled differently in different games. Some games handle it with loss of turns every other round and that goes back in some ways to Exile 1. Some games do what you suggest and reduce AP as in Avernum remakes. Others do only a chance of losing movements that round. The same things happened with haste.

4. Eat and rest are changed to eliminate things people complained about as being annoying. 

5.  Lots of things in RPGs are impossible and a lot of players do not want to be bothered with having to manage supply issues, kind of like #4.  Also, in some of the games, the damage from ranged attacks has been dropped considerably.