Priorities (Avernum 2 now)

Hello, on to Avernum 2: Grumpy Wizards now and I'm noticing that my inbuilt quest priority is getting worse. In Avernum 1 I mostly obsessed over dispel barrier 3, but now I'm running all over the world for dispel barrier 3 (got them all at pretty much the same time due to magi clearance coming with the Italian liqueur assassination), move mountains 3 (do not have!) and Orb of Thralni (have although I dodged the gazer floor tiles since they were a bit above my ability to kill, so I have to go back there at some time). After that my priority is fully exploring ever town and dungeon I run into, and only then, and then the outdoors.

People in towns must think we're mad. Either we turn up for the first time, get a load of quests and immediately tell them we did that ages ago, or they give us quests that we completely ignore for (in game) months because we're not going that way.

Worse for the Empire though, with four people who seem to them to make rather random beelines for some of their more heavily defended installations, nick all their stuff and go straight back off, leaving their frontline outposts completely cut off and only aware that at some point they're due for a thorough exploration.

On the other hand the Tower of the Magi will probably be quite happy when they realise that the adventurers only stole their ink and paper to make room for stashing dozens of magical items in their desks. (Holdover from having just done the Avadons: anywhere that has a portal network is home.)