Finished A3:Ruined World!

definitevely go finish the series if you havent before. it might be a bit shocking since the engine varies a little, and the traveling through cities... well you will find by yourself; if you liked the story so far then try 4-6 to see what happens after you defeat rentar ihrno!

....Don't you dare trifle with Avernum

Ha! So I bought the 3 game bundle, followed the instructions to get game 4 to run on my iMac, only to discover I had it. I was really puzzled as I don't remember buying it. I figure it's one of the left overs from late-hubbies computer (he was a HUGE Spiderweb fan). Anyhow, the 3 game bundle is such a great deal that I’m happy to help make Jeff a multi-millionaire by purchasing my own copy. 🤣  Off to travel through Avernum 4. Thanks all!

I found a huge great bundle on Steam of about 90% of the Spiderweb stuff that isn't abandonware a couple of weeks ago. Had all the Geneforges, Avernums 1, 2 and 4-6, Nethergate and all three Avadons. I'd just finished Queen's Wish and now am about 2 and a third of the way through Avadons.

Probably going through Geneforge next, vaguely remember the first two or three, and then all of Avernum in order (first three won't be much surprise as I remember Exile).

The bundle is pretty impressive though.

• 3 weeks later...

avernums aren't abandonware, it's just that oldest games won't work well/at all at modern comps/os (esp. macs since apparently catalina changed something which made some non-sw games/etc non working) so remakes were needed (and of graphics werer ancient) and some day A4-6 might get remakes too.

exiles are freeware (since getting those to work nowadays isn't easy thing necessarily).

avernums vs exiles a lot has changed since exiles so a lot expereiences will be new.