Absorbing other creations

Like a situation where you run into 'X' & he/she says, "I'm having problems with 'that' creation almost going rogue.  Could you go calm it down/reabsorb it please..."

In that case, I'm 95%+ certain (it's been quite a while...) that you do 'not' gain essence from absorbing them.  Which kind of makes sense in an overall picture kind of way (rather than, in game, you 'need' this essence) as most of those encounters iirc tended to come in a friendly city/area where your hit points & essence were just topped off to begin with.

19 hours ago, Lady Antji said:

I think this absorb thing only happens in Gf3?

I remember (again, it's been a loong time...) a couple of spots near the start of GF4 where you have those choices.  In the southern fortress (?) up in the training area there's a leadership check that might let you absorb the creations rather than just killing them.  Also downstairs there's a request to go calm or absorb a 'going rogue' creation or two.  Same with the starting areas of GF5 (although thinking while typing, they both (4&5) may just be a calm or kill type of situation rather than calm or absorb (as there are plenty of refreshing pools in the area so you really don't 'need' those essence points)

On 4/6/2020 at 11:23 AM, TriRodent said:

I remember (again, it's been a loong time...) a couple of spots near the start of GF4 where you have those choices.  In the southern fortress (?) up in the training area there's a leadership check that might let you absorb the creations rather than just killing them.  Also downstairs there's a request to go calm or absorb a 'going rogue' creation or two.  Same with the starting areas of GF5 (although thinking while typing, they both (4&5) may just be a calm or kill type of situation rather than calm or absorb (as there are plenty of refreshing pools in the area so you really don't 'need' those essence points)

Yes, in G4 in Southforge citadel, you can calm torchlight the fyora or kill him(i cheated a bit this time and got maxed leadership,still no actual absorb option). Same with the fyora in the beginning of G5. Still replaying G4 but I think its calm or outright kill them xD