How to acquire the Charm spell?

Mah Al Ibara

I just saw someone using a Charm spell on a video, and I'm confused. Charm appears nowhere in my spell choices, and I'm in my second playthrough. I thought there were only 12 actions available for each category (Combat, Magic, Support) and that Charm was not among the choices. Am I playing wrong? Am I completely misunderstanding actions?

Once you have built forts in any of the three regions outside of the Haven Lands, you can recruit people from each respective region when creating new characters (you don't have to be in the region you want to recruit characters from). These characters will have unique Cultural abilities, just like your main character, depending on the region they are from. Any new characters are the same level as your main character, and you can delete and create characters freely with no penalty (though you should probably remove any equipment from characters you are about to delete).