Avernum 2 - Fate of Kyass?

So I accidentally completed this quest, but have no idea what I actually did. If you Google 'fate of Kyass' you don't actually get any specific spoilers for it, just a couple threads here talking about how disappointing the arc was.

Visited the original freehold, which is of course rubble, and I guess I must have done something else? Something I didn't read properly? Either way when I spoke to the dude you turn the quest into, it got marked complete with no answers lol.

Was hoping someone could fill me in on what happened. I know people think it's underwhelming, but my curiosity is killing me. Cheers.

There are two possible ways that the Freehold gets taken down:

The first as part of a quest stream for Avernum, your party kills Kyass. It isn't an easy fight because of his special abilities that he got to protect him.

The second is the Empire just comes through and finally takes them down.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Don't believe anything you read on Google while sane. :)

12 hours ago, Randomizer said:

There are two possible ways that the Freehold gets taken down:

Reveal hidden contents

The first as part of a quest stream for Avernum, your party kills Kyass. It isn't an easy fight because of his special abilities that he got to protect him.

The second is the Empire just comes through and finally takes them down.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Don't believe anything you read on Google while sane. :)

Hey there, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I remember spending an entire afternoon trying to

Spoiler

kill Kyass on Torment in EFTP

. That's actually part of the reason this got my curiosity in 2.

I know that the Empire comes through and

Spoiler

razes the Freehold

. I'm asking specifically about the quest called 'Fate of Kyass' in Crystal Souls where you're tasked with finding out what happened with him. I got the quest, I guess didn't read something properly then it got turned in without me actually figuring anything out. Was wondering whether anyone could tell me what I'm missing exactly.

Cheers

On 3/18/2020 at 7:10 AM, Randomizer said:

I looked at the Atlas to see where that Quest was given and where you go. You find Kyass in the dungeon of the Tower of Elderan. After dealing with Kyass, you get to report his fate was capture and experimenting on by the Empire. You turn it in after finding him there,

Oh weird, I think my quest must have glitched then, because I definitely hadn't gotten that far yet. That's weird, and would explain why I was confused 😅

Thanks so much to you and the others for the responses.