Speed Augments stack limit?

glandis

So, if I can believe what the "Speed Bonus:" row in the character info screen (?/Magic tab, e.g.) says, there's no gain to having more than one 6% and one 4% Speed augment on your equipment, even across multiple pieces of equipment. That is, let's say I have two 6% and two 4% Speed augments. I put one of each on a helm, and one of each on a shield. Seems like that should give a 20% bonus ... but it's only reported (again, on the ?/Magic tab) as 10%.

My question is ... is that right? Can I only get 10% Speed bonus from Augments? Or is there a bug in character info screen? Other Augment bonus's (damage, say) DO show as stacking (like if you have 'em on both a helm and weapon), but Speed seems different. I'd rather not be wasting augment slots to no effect ...

EDIT: Damage would be Runes, not Augments - but Healing Augments seem to all add.

Edited by glandis
Add Augment->Rune fix

Have you checked the item descriptions for speed penalties? The middle group of shields have a penalty of -10%. Same with better armors.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It will all make sense according to the high pitched spider voices that say you're cute. :)

7 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Have you checked the item descriptions for speed penalties? The middle group of shields have a penalty of -10%. Same with better armors.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It will all make sense according to the high pitched spider voices that say you're cute. :)

Huh - that's not it, because my test character didn't have any penalties. But this morning the math seems to check out, so ... chalk it up to playing too late/long?

So far, no friendly spiders in Queen's Wish ... 😞