Wish list for BoA

Wynydis

I wish beneficial spells could be cast on friendly monsters as well as yourself, and that attack spells could be cast on yourself in case you ever wanted to. I'd also want to be able to target certain terrain spots so I could get rid of invisible monsters, although I know it would be difficult because of the Avernum engine. Summoning spells, bind foe, and terror also need to be improved.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, seemingly "only Vogel-created matter" seems to not include a lot of things - ranging from the name "Ermarian" to the Aizonian (First) Empire and all stuff. That is why I was disappointed when I was scolded for trying to make up an Aizonian history, but I guess it's just because I haven't been here long. :p

Basically I (I'm not sure who else is still in this) would have to include stuff that is non-Vogel made. And really, the point of this thing is getting an authorized (ie. Jeff-Vogel-Approved), official compendium on the stuff that has been made up by the various designers. Designers keep adding to the world, and to avoid confusion we should have a reference site for checking which islands are currently where, etc. I've even got a name for the thing now: The Encyclopædia Ermariana.

And - completely off-topic (or should I say 'on-topic' since this thread was originally for BoA laugh ) healing spells on summoned creatures work in Avernum 3, but only with mass healing. I tried it. laugh

• 1 year later...
Quote:
Originally written by Necris Omega:
My biggest wish for BoA - that the New Scenario released by Jeff goes more into the details of the planet/the Empire's history/something significant to the Avernum universe. Like Za-kazi run- sure, it's deemed by many to be the worst thing Jeff has ever released professionally, but it goes into the post-Avernum 3 state of Avernum. Namely, the Second Slith War. Sure, the Fourth Scenario will be chalked full of uniquely BoA features, but seeing something important happen or revealed would be nice.

Your BoA anticipating maniac, Necris Omega
Quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:
Edit: I assume you're referring to the history 'book' Scipio, since our scenarios won't take Jeff's time. :p

We could all write it together, send it to him for approval and he'd maybe put it up on the site. smile And the process of checking if the facts are right wouldn't take as long as writing the thing.

Sounds interesting, doesn't it? laugh
And thus it came to pass that a project was started and never completed! Here's to two great years of the Encyclopedia, that wonderful project conceived on July 17th 2003 and almost updated/fiddled with almost every two months!

Sorry. Won't be doing this again.

• 5 months later...

There are some topics that should die, preferrably unnoticed. There are others whose deaths we regret, when they are deleted without the chance for archiving them. There are yet others that will live on in the archives once they are deleted.

And then there are some choice few that I want to keep. I figure that's not too much to ask, is it?

• 2 years later...

Sorry Thuryl. As consolation, they're more of an embarrassment to me than you - after all, #3870 is mine. That's right; I left and returned with a multi account to defend myself in my absence. I wasn't any better than the lowest noob.

I hope I've grown a bit since then.

(And yeah, this was the other topic. Encyclopedia Ermariana forever!)