Did they nerf the items available on the pawnshop in the remake and reremake?

I just found out about the awesome stormport shop and I swear I saw a mithral armour of some sort that goes for a 1000+ gold in the original Exile 3. I was wondering if it actually still occurs in Avernum 3 and Ruined World or they have been nerfed in the remakes?

Also I was wondering if those stores actually restock or change their selection after some time in Exile 3?

The whole item list and equipment mechanics are very different from Exile, so it's hard to compare individual items and shop lists.

But the "random selection" shops that could have amazing top-tier magic items for sale are definitely not a thing anymore.  It's just fixed inventory for all merchants now.

1 hour ago, TM Paladin said:

The whole item list and equipment mechanics are very different from Exile, so it's hard to compare individual items and shop lists.

But the "random selection" shops that could have amazing top-tier magic items for sale are definitely not a thing anymore.  It's just fixed inventory for all merchants now.

That is sad. Like I was so surprised when I discovered Stormport. I guess I will stick with the original exile 3 then. Thankfully I managed to finally run exile 3 properly without the horrible DOSBOX lag and issues.

11 hours ago, Towerbooks3192 said:

Also I was wondering if those stores actually restock or change their selection after some time in Exile 3?

Just to clarify this point for you, Towerbooks3192, random item shops do indeed change their selections over time in Exile 3. If you wait for a few days and return, you'll find a completely different set of items!

Random item shops like these are actually extremely valuable resources – that's perhaps one reason why they were removed from the remakes. As you've seen, they can carry very rare and valuable items. Indeed, I believe there's almost no limit to the items that they can stock. I've certainly seen items such as Magic Wave Blades, Mithral Chain Mail, Boots of Speed, Rings of Resistance etc. for sale in these shops. These are items that are generally for sale nowhere else. If you're lucky, and you have a lot of money to hand, you can really strengthen up your party in such shops!

To make the most out of them, make a note of when you find one, and stop by whenever you're in the area. The one in the Tower of Magi is a good place to visit whenever you stop by to see the Triad!