Exile 2: Passage in Fort Remote

Cino

Hello Cino,

Yes, this is an interesting one. It’s not too difficult to discover the existence of the secret passage in Fort Remote, but there’s no hint about how to access it from there – it’s the end of a quest chain, rather than the beginning of one.

The chain starts with you discovering that a mage is missing, and then trying to track them down. There are several ways to do this, not least just stumbling on the problem accidentally! However, there are two slightly more satisfying ways to start things off.

If you have access to Erika’s Tower, try asking Erika about her mission involving Garzahd. She’ll mention a missing mage, and give you an idea of where to look for them.

Alternatively, for a slightly clearer hint, go looking for Tori in the Isolated Home. You can find this mysterious place slightly north of Motrax’s Lair, although you’ll need to be able to fly. Ask Tori about her safehouse, and she’ll also mention the missing mage – and she’ll tell you exactly who you need to speak to!

Finding who to ask about the mage is the first step. There are a few more puzzles to figure out on the way, but you’ll unlock the secret passage eventually!

I appreciate I’m being a little oblique here. If you’d like more direct advice, or if you have problems with some of the other steps in the chain, do let us know!

Otherwise, welcome to the forums! We’re nice and friendly here, and we like Exile, so do feel free to ask questions if you have any problems!

12 hours ago, Ess-Eschas said:

Hello Cino,

Yes, this is an interesting one. It’s not too difficult to discover the existence of the secret passage in Fort Remote, but there’s no hint about how to access it from there – it’s the end of a quest chain, rather than the beginning of one.

The chain starts with you discovering that a mage is missing, and then trying to track them down. There are several ways to do this, not least just stumbling on the problem accidentally! However, there are two slightly more satisfying ways to start things off.

If you have access to Erika’s Tower, try asking Erika about her mission involving Garzahd. She’ll mention a missing mage, and give you an idea of where to look for them.

Alternatively, for a slightly clearer hint, go looking for Tori in the Isolated Home. You can find this mysterious place slightly north of Motrax’s Lair, although you’ll need to be able to fly. Ask Tori about her safehouse, and she’ll also mention the missing mage – and she’ll tell you exactly who you need to speak to!

Finding who to ask about the mage is the first step. There are a few more puzzles to figure out on the way, but you’ll unlock the secret passage eventually!

I appreciate I’m being a little oblique here. If you’d like more direct advice, or if you have problems with some of the other steps in the chain, do let us know!

Otherwise, welcome to the forums! We’re nice and friendly here, and we like Exile, so do feel free to ask questions if you have any problems!

When we say missing mage are we talking about Sixus? I am in the middle of this Sixus quest at the moment. And I'm not really doing things in order it seems, I have Royal Clearance, and can fly, so I don't think that should stand in the way. I'll go see about this isolated house. Cheers.

Edit: Oh, it's not Sixus.

Edited by Cino
clarification