The Blessing Pool, Goagh Nar

Spoiler

Oh it's just that many passages and secret doors are one-way or one-time, and if you miss them and find a room they go to later, you can't get in there. I've gone back and redone several times, but there's still a room in the north on the middle level with a ledge and 3 corpses. I suspect there's a secret passage from the room that had the fomor slayer axe, but the secret passage to the ledge the fomors were on when I first came through won't let me though now. Worse still, once I left and the sprites gave me the skull of stone, I couldn't even go back into the dungeon at all.

Edited by nikgervae

I think that ledge is meant to be accessed by falling from the big pit on the level above, but I couldn't get this to work in practice?!

(There may be dead links inside the relevant town script, t14Upper Goag.txt)

Secret doors are all over the place. Explore as much as you can and then use Piercing Sight.

Edited by Ishad Nha

I remember the problem was too much loot to carry out and having to load up and transfer it from place to place before going back for more. Then leaving a pile by the entrance since you can't return later to go deeper.

I remember the same thing about that 3 body room. 

Spoiler

I found a couple rooms using Piercing Sight that just weren't accessible. One square room right by where you first come up to the top level, and one narrow room behind the queen's chamber with a floor the same as with room with the beasts and magical barriers.

I also went back to a saved game and re-entered the room with the fomor slayer. There is no passage to the room connecting to the 3 corpses on the ledge; I checked with Piercing Sight.

I tried entering the big pit too, simply not possible. I think all three rooms are likely bugs or holdovers from the original game.

And man, was too much loot ever the problem!

Edited by nikgervae

N:R is a port of the original game, this is just begging for non-functional holdovers from the original game.

As for the ledge, I will need to consult walkthroughs.
I saw a call in the town script that would take the party to the ledge on the level below. This was beginstate 71. However, I see no placement for it, I can't see where it might have been placed.

Spoiler

This is for the Celtic party only. There is no problem with the Roman party.
Simply copy beginstate 24 from the Roman script of t14Goagh Nar.txt and paste it into the Celtic version of the script. (After first deleting the original beginstate 24 in the Celtic script.)

Edited by Ishad Nha

Need to check the N:R hintbook to see what was intended by Jeff. The ledge is not that big a deal. Main idea is to warn players of Celtic parties that it is Roman-only, so they don't waste huge amounts of time trying to get into it.

Said Hintbook is not so clear on this point, relevant maps are written from a Celtic perspective.

Edited by Ishad Nha

I used your tip to get down there. It's just a bit of random loot, a couple hundred gold worth. Now that's probably stuff that is in the Celt version of the script, and there may be some item of note to the plot for the Romans in their version. In any case it's no big deal, and I'm well on to Castle Aethdoc now—after running around the entire Vale for quite a while on the advice of the chieftain, when all I had to do was go there. Oh well! I got to refresh my memory of where certain NPCs are and buy several skill-ups from the Goagh Nar haul.

Thanks again for the help on this particular issue. I'm glad to find it's not an actual bug or anything. 🙂