Stuck in Ahriel Thicket

Corylea

I'm working my way through Ahriel Thicket.  The passage behind me closes, so forward is the only option.  I went forward, stepped on a pentagram, and a few trees moved out of the way so I could continue.  After that, I went forward, stepped on another pentagram, and ... nothing happened.  I've cleared out the monsters in the building.  I've killed the spiders and wolves in the woods.  There's no way forward and no way back.  Where am I supposed to go?

I probably missed something obvious, so I'll blush in embarrassment in advance. 😕

There are several pentagrams that you need to step on and each one opens a path and summons more monsters. They are usually the farthest from the last one in a different direction so at worst just walk around along an edge until you reach the next one.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. The game makes sense to the designer or at least that's his story and he's sticking to it. :)

35 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

There are several pentagrams that you need to step on and each one opens a path and summons more monsters. They are usually the farthest from the last one in a different direction so at worst just walk around along an edge until you reach the next one.

Thanks for the reply!

I did that and nothing opened up, but then when I quit the game and reloaded, some trees had disappeared.  So I'm unstuck now, though still a little uncertain about how it happened. :-)

Edited by Corylea