Leaders of the Empire?

Aran

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:
Well, Ørangutan (haha, that was easy!), the map wasn't made by me, so I can't do anything about it. Also, the map appears to be highly inaccurate concerning the current non-arena timeline, from what I heard. That's why I'm constantly asking how it really looks, but nobody wants to tell me... :p
I wasn't blaming you, sorry. I just thought the continents should all be joined together or have small straits of water inbetween, since Valorim is definitely connected by land to Pralgrad (this was in E3 wink ).
Can nuclear fallout really move continents? eek
(btw, that's a pretty feeble way of writing an ø. how bout trying shift+alt with o?)

Why is that feeble? And Shift Alt don't work for me, maybe coz I got a PC. I do it with the same thing I do the æ in encyclopædia and Alo's — with.

& o slash ; : ø

& O slash ; : Ø

Nuclear fallout, move continents? I certainly don't think so, but the guys over at the arena seem to. Dunno. I don't like the idea of something so technological and SF-related *at all*, to be exact. This is fantasy, based on a medieval world that never makes technological process. There's magic, but no technology.

She actually says that she got sent down by the predecessor of the current Hawthorne, goes on to say that the current Hawthorne is even worse, and gives you the quest to assassinate him somehow.

I know what you mean, I thought it would logically have to be the same one, but I played through Avernum again just recently in order to find out about this. It's actually in there.

Quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:
Why is that feeble? And Shift Alt don't work for me, maybe coz I got a PC. I do it with the same thing I do the æ in encyclopædia and Alo's — with.

& o slash ; : ø
& O slash ; : Ø
How the hell do you post the html code for æ in your sig? confused
Surely you can go to Key Caps or equivalent to find out how to type 8bit characters...? Maybe you use control...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but I believe two weeks is enough of a distance between them. :p

Just for your information (assuming you haven't been keeping in touch with my site, which I know you didn't :p ), the History of the Empire chapters are all taken but one. Of course, the timeline of the emperors itself is not as steadily progressing...

I think we left off from the original topic of this thread after TM's and *i's discussion of the Aizoan Empire. Which of their theories do you think I should put in? confused

This is basically the part of history that is still unclear:

Quote:
Originally written by *i:

I would put the reconquest of Aizo much later than 3. The conquest of Pralgad was not done for some time. It was really accelerated by Sol III. Also, keep the lives of the Pralgad Emperors of fairly standard length; by that time the Emperors are becoming quite human due to the mixing of blood. By that time, all belief in the Aizonic Empire was mostly gone and the situation was one of tribalism and many separate nation-states. The conquest was done by Raven, a general of Sol III, and was met with great resistence. It took many decades of bloody combat before Aizo was conquered. During this time, Raven slaughtered many of the non-human races on Aizo and further efforts were done on Pralgad.

In Fission Point, I am going into the foundations of the early Aizonic Empire. Written by an Imperial historian:

"According to legend, over thousand years before the Empire on Pralgad, the immortal archwizard named Phrizoc appeared. His magical talents were unparalleled at the time and is said to be responsible for the creation of many the world's most powerful artifacts.

One such artifact is the so-called Amulet of Phrizoc or the Sylvian Amulet. It was worn by the Emperors of the Aizonic Empire, although historians have yet to confirm that fact. The amulet is said to transform the wearer over time, giving him or her incredible powers and longevity. These augments allowed the wearers to dominate over other normal humans and eventually led to a ruling class. Some believe that these transformations allowed the Emperors of the Aizonic Empire to live extraordinarily long lives and pass on the powers to their children. Of course, this is all speculation.

Sometime after the collapse of the Aizonic Empire, the Amulet of Phrizoc was lost. Although records document its existence, evidence of its true power remains a mystery. Although there are numerous stories of its path, none of them have ever been validated.

As for Phrizoc, his existence is even less documented. Many historians doubt of his existence at all. The legend says that opponents of the Aizonic Empire managed to track Phrizoc to an island far in the ocean. They managed to defeat the wizard, but he could not be destroyed. He was entombed with the strongest magics in his Citadel and abandoned. The location of the island was removed from all maps and was forgotten. Since then, Phrizoc's island has never been found and many doubt it ever existed at all.

Unfortunately, there is very little evidence for any of these stories. However, much of what we know about the Aizonic Empire has come from tales and legend which later have been validated, but only by a scrap of evidence. So perhaps these tales have a grain of truth in them..."

Like much of the Aizonic Empire, there is a great deal of speculation. However, Fission Point will provide a few answers.

Assuming that this myth is true:

-1000 BP is quite a long time from 150 BP, even for an immortal. When did Phrizoc make the Sylvian Amulet, was it made specifically for the ruler when the Empire was founded, was it made some time afterwards, or already long before? What does this say about the time of the Empire's founding - is it still 150 BP, or much earlier?

-Was Phrizoc imprisoned before or after the collapse of the Aizonian Empire, and when did either of the two happen?

Also:

If the reconquest of Aizo is much later than 3 IE, where would you put it? You mention that Sol III accelerates the conquest of Pralgrad, but that is over a century after the new Empire was founded! Did he actually finish it, and if not, who did it?

I would put no definitive date on the Aizonic Empire. First evidences of its existence came about around 1000 BIE as the first real nation formed. However, it was very unstable with no fixed borders. Some evidence suggests by around 250 BIE, that Aizo was very loosely united in one Empire as kind of a confederacy of truce with several warring factions. By around 100 BIE, the Aizonic Empire pretty much was gone, torn apart by the civil wars of the warring factions that made it.

There were many who would come to possess the amulet over much warring times. It's influence made the powers of the time. It was probably created before the first formations of the Aizonic Empire and its influence was very subtle.

Nobody knows when the Phrizoc incident occurred, it is a myth. The best guests are around 100 BIE.

I would put the full assimilation of Pralgad during the middle of the reign of Sol III.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...