Cursed Cursor!

I'm trying to play BoE on my Windows XP machine, but I can't get the cursor to appear. My default crosshair cursor appears when I move to the menu bar or taskbar, but the cursor disappears when I move onto the game screen. This has happened since I got BoE, but until now I've been able to get it to appear through some method I don't fully understand. Now it won't appear at all. I want to play the Empire side of ASR, but I can't tell what I'm doing. How do I get it to work correctly?

Somebody please help!

EDIT: Now it's not working in the scenario or character editors either! Aargh!

I dunno. Things like that have happened to me before (not often, of course) and truth be told, I'm not too computer savvy myself. Why don't you just try uninstalling/reinstalling it? What version of Windows / how old a machine are you using? Heck, I'll let you borrow my CD and even ship it for free if you promise that you bought the game:

d g f d u c k @aol.com

(e-mail spaced just to protect from scammers and spammers who seriously think that their handiwork is protected by "free-speech" rights)

Get rid of XP and get a real operating system.

I've had no problem with BoE demo version on my Win2k machine, so it must be one of the graphics "features" put in by the mighty gates. You could make your computer into a dual boot monster, and then run all the cool older games.

*this message really really tried to help, but failed*

Perhaps it's not the OS as I have both Mac OS 10.4 and WIndows XP Professional and I have no problems whatsoever. If un-installing the game had no changes in the graphical cursor re-appearing, it could be a resolution problem or that your're not installing all of the files properly. Make sure that your game is set at the right resolution, whatever it is, usually 640x480 or something around that setting. Most games require that you choose a custom or default installation. If this message didn't give you any help at all, you should probably just get the CD to the game or just format your computer, while maintaining your own custom setting, and see what happens. You could be missing a certain graphic file in your computer or something. If not, I really wouldn't know what else could be a possible issue.

Or maybe perhaps that the cursor may only appear if the game is in full screen mode instead of minimizing mode. That usually is a common thing with a lot of older games. Other than that, you either have a computer that has a hard time running older games or there could be something with the mouse itself...

Quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:
Just learn the key commands. I never use the mouse anyway.
Diagonals, man. It's all about the diagonals.
Quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:
Quote:
Originally written by Chief Spider watching The Simpsons:
Heck, I'll let you borrow my CD and even ship it for free if you promise that you bought the game
You're likely to get taken advantage of with that kind of attitude. It's best that you keep your CD to yourself...
Are you saying you believe there's even a small chance that ADoS doesn't have BoE?