Cheat codes?

Relle

They aren't easily accessible in a text file like the other stuff we're used to going through.  In the past they've been in the raw data somewhere, but there isn't a handy landmark to look for or anything.

If you need them sooner, you could PM Randomizer, though it's just about release time anyway.

The way it works in this game is that if you enter enemy territory (a dungeon) you have to kill the leader in one go. If you leave before you kill the leader (I'm being very specific here, it doesn't require a full clear, but of course the leader is usually behind a bunch of mobs) then everything respawns.

18 minutes ago, Relle said:

The way it works in this game is that if you enter enemy territory (a dungeon) you have to kill the leader in one go. If you leave before you kill the leader (I'm being very specific here, it doesn't require a full clear, but of course the leader is usually behind a bunch of mobs) then everything respawns.

Does that mean you can grind levels? Is there a level cap? I wonder if that would allow you to solo the game.

Not all monsters respawn when you reenter, but enough do that the tactic of enter, kill a few, leave to heal, and return to kill more doesn't always work. Some places force you to go through in one pass because that's the only way to leave past a certain point.

Edit - I didn't even consider the cheat codes that are at the end of the Hint Book.

5 hours ago, mikeprichard said:

Thanks, Relle and Randomizer - I'd be interested to hear if there's a level cap as well (hope not), but this is even further off topic.

There is for skill points (sadly).  I tended to bump into it about 75-80% of the way through on my assorted playthroughs (but I also explored everywhere/did everything on my way to the conclusion so that tended to max out the xp available so ymmv).

However, re-specing those points is very easy so fixing your build to something else isn't a problem

Edited by TriRodent
Changing skill points around comment

Glad someone posted cheats.

I've played all SWS series and I found this one hardest to get accustomed to.

No healing on world map, no straight indication where to go at the very beginning, changed "game habits" like no picking items from the floor or adding stats while advancing, no dialogues with companions (at least at start), respawning enemies and events at locations, one-time approach to locations, shortage of healing supplies... A lot has changed, not sure yet if for good.

Truth is I've spent like 2 hours today, tried to go south, tried to go east, been killed in both frontiers on normal difficulty, which has never happened in any previous series starting from Avernum 2.

Edited by qqry

I know people generally don't like change, but (only from reading, not yet playing) I'm feeling a bit mixed about some of the new directions this new trilogy seems to be taking. Not a big fan of resource micromanagement (both at the macro level, and at the level of individual inventory "slots"/apparent lack of the previous games' long-overdue "junk bag" feature), enemies not rewarding experience, the skill caps you'll hit at 75%-80% of the way through a completionist playthrough... but will see how it goes. Might end up loving it, or might give QW 2 and 3 a miss. Either way, there will be the Geneforge remakes.

For Queen's Wish, I want you to spend your time going on cool adventures, fighting exciting fights, and taking part in a cool story. I have streamlined out other stuff. Monsters don't give experience because I don't want you grinding the same group of enemies 100 times. I want you going to a new place and meeting new people and doing new things.

If this is not to your liking, no problem, I understand. Our remasters, like Geneforge, will still be very much in the old style. We're leaving those systems alone. I just hope people will give the new game and try and see it, despite being different, it's still fun.