Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Clintone

Any way to play The Queen's Wish on a 32 bit computer?

Recommended Posts

This is very unlikely without developer intervention -- even if the graphics are the only motivation for requiring a higher bit architecture, which is not a safe assumption.  This has code-execution level impact.

 

You might look into emulating a 64-bit environment instead.  Not something I'd normally recommend, but the alternative is "your computer is older than you think" and as someone who tends to use the same machines forever, I know how frustrating it is to hear that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Par Compensation said:

This is very unlikely without developer intervention -- even if the graphics are the only motivation for requiring a higher bit architecture, which is not a safe assumption.  This has code-execution level impact.

 

You might look into emulating a 64-bit environment instead.  Not something I'd normally recommend, but the alternative is "your computer is older than you think" and as someone who tends to use the same machines forever, I know how frustrating it is to hear that.

Thanks. I actually have Windows 10...it's just that it's 32 bit, rather than 64.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game will be out tomorrow so you can download and test out the Demo for free to see if it will run on your computer. From the game page's list of operating requirements it should run on your system since it works for older Windows versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

The game will be out tomorrow so you can download and test out the Demo for free to see if it will run on your computer. From the game page's list of operating requirements it should run on your system since it works for older Windows versions.

 

Yeah, I saw that just now on the Spiderweb page. I had only checked the Steam download page, where it only mentions a 64 bit processor. The Spiderweb page recommends 64 bits, but says it can work with 32. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sweet, that's good to know.  I made the mistake of trusting the Steam requirements, too.

 

32-bit PCs mostly haven't shipped for a few years now, but Spiderweb usually manages to be further backward compatible than that.  Glad to see that isn't changing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fwiw QW did not work on my (main computer) 32b machine. Thankfully my laptop is 64b and was able to test/play on there.  After the initial 'why isn't this working' confusion, I never tried it again on my 32b machine so it 'might' have been downgraded in later beta builds/final product...but I wouldn't count on it.

 

Grab the demo and hope for the best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Clintone said:

 

Yeah, I saw that just now on the Spiderweb page. I had only checked the Steam download page, where it only mentions a 64 bit processor. The Spiderweb page recommends 64 bits, but says it can work with 32. 

I just looked at the SW page and this is not what it says (now, anyway; not sure if it's changed).

 

It recommends 64 MB of vram, with 32 MB required.  And it requires 32-bit color depth.  These are both different questions from processor bit architecture, which is not actually mentioned.  Soooo.... who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Par Compensation said:

I just looked at the SW page and this is not what it says (now, anyway; not sure if it's changed).

 

It recommends 64 MB of vram, with 32 MB required.  And it requires 32-bit color depth.  These are both different questions from processor bit architecture, which is not actually mentioned.  Soooo.... who knows.

Here's where I looked just now:

 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1058130/Queens_Wish_The_Conqueror/

 

Minimum:

  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: Vista or Later
  • Processor: 1.2 GHZ
  • Memory: 250 MB RAM
  • Graphics: 256 MB VRAM
  • Storage: 400 MB available space

Maybe I didn't look around on that website enough. That's where the steam link from the Spiderweb page sent me though. Nothing about 32 bit options there, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's the Steam page.  The Spiderweb page doesn't say anything one way or the other, contrary to earlier reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Par Compensation said:

Yeah, that's the Steam page.  The Spiderweb page doesn't say anything one way or the other, contrary to earlier reports.

 

Oh...I get what you're saying...going back to your comment: It recommends 64 MB of vram, with 32 MB required.  And it requires 32-bit color depth.  These are both different questions from processor bit architecture, which is not actually mentioned.  Soooo.... who knows.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Clintone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried on a Windows 10 32-bit partition on my Mac and it wouldn't work, but some of the much older games don't work their either when I tried to install them and would install in 64-bit without compatibility needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it worked just fine on my windows 10 32 bit laptop, full graphics and all. Mine's an HP computer, by the way.

 

 

Edited by Clintone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...