Any way to play The Queen's Wish on a 32 bit computer?

Clintone

This is very unlikely without developer intervention -- even if the graphics are the only motivation for requiring a higher bit architecture, which is not a safe assumption.  This has code-execution level impact.

You might look into emulating a 64-bit environment instead.  Not something I'd normally recommend, but the alternative is "your computer is older than you think" and as someone who tends to use the same machines forever, I know how frustrating it is to hear that.

1 hour ago, Par Compensation said:

This is very unlikely without developer intervention -- even if the graphics are the only motivation for requiring a higher bit architecture, which is not a safe assumption.  This has code-execution level impact.

You might look into emulating a 64-bit environment instead.  Not something I'd normally recommend, but the alternative is "your computer is older than you think" and as someone who tends to use the same machines forever, I know how frustrating it is to hear that.

Thanks. I actually have Windows 10...it's just that it's 32 bit, rather than 64.

3 hours ago, Randomizer said:

The game will be out tomorrow so you can download and test out the Demo for free to see if it will run on your computer. From the game page's list of operating requirements it should run on your system since it works for older Windows versions.

Yeah, I saw that just now on the Spiderweb page. I had only checked the Steam download page, where it only mentions a 64 bit processor. The Spiderweb page recommends 64 bits, but says it can work with 32. 

Fwiw QW did not work on my (main computer) 32b machine. Thankfully my laptop is 64b and was able to test/play on there.  After the initial 'why isn't this working' confusion, I never tried it again on my 32b machine so it 'might' have been downgraded in later beta builds/final product...but I wouldn't count on it.

Grab the demo and hope for the best

17 hours ago, Clintone said:

Yeah, I saw that just now on the Spiderweb page. I had only checked the Steam download page, where it only mentions a 64 bit processor. The Spiderweb page recommends 64 bits, but says it can work with 32. 

I just looked at the SW page and this is not what it says (now, anyway; not sure if it's changed).

It recommends 64 MB of vram, with 32 MB required.  And it requires 32-bit color depth.  These are both different questions from processor bit architecture, which is not actually mentioned.  Soooo.... who knows.

6 minutes ago, Par Compensation said:

I just looked at the SW page and this is not what it says (now, anyway; not sure if it's changed).

It recommends 64 MB of vram, with 32 MB required.  And it requires 32-bit color depth.  These are both different questions from processor bit architecture, which is not actually mentioned.  Soooo.... who knows.

Here's where I looked just now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1058130/Queens_Wish_The_Conqueror/

Minimum:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: 1.2 GHZ
  • Memory: 250 MB RAM
  • Graphics: 256 MB VRAM
  • Storage: 400 MB available space

Maybe I didn't look around on that website enough. That's where the steam link from the Spiderweb page sent me though. Nothing about 32 bit options there, at least.

15 minutes ago, Par Compensation said:

Yeah, that's the Steam page.  The Spiderweb page doesn't say anything one way or the other, contrary to earlier reports.

Oh...I get what you're saying...going back to your comment: It recommends 64 MB of vram, with 32 MB required.  And it requires 32-bit color depth.  These are both different questions from processor bit architecture, which is not actually mentioned.  Soooo.... who knows.

Edited by Clintone