Sign in to follow this  
Reficule

Question regarding companions

Are they still hive-minded like they were in Avernum, or they have their own personalities and dialogs this time? If it's the first one then I would prefer playing a royalty singleton, sounds kinda cool! I also hope in Queen's Wish the game mechanics are more friendly to solo playstyle than Avernum provided, for instance: always referred by NPCs as plural while you're alone xD

Try the game on torment difficulty. It's like banging your head against a wall. It feels so good when you stop.  :)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Randomizer said:

Try the game on torment difficulty. It's like banging your head against a wall. It feels so good when you stop.  :)

Nah-ah, you are not going to talk me into that, enemies in torment are just... fatter, combat is more time consuming, and basically that's it. I always play on hard difficulty, no matter the size of my team. After finished A:EFTP as a singleton, now I'm finishing A2:CS as a singleton as well,  the final boss fight is identical as fighting Sulfras: spam Icy Rain in hope for immobilized,  the "powerup" mechanic is quite broken, made the fight like gambling, there is one time I almost got him, but due to misfortune, he broke control, run onto my face, and banged my head causing 8000+ damage, can't imagine the feeling(and the damage) if I'm playing on torment difficulty😂

Anyway, it's still the first one then? Hope the game will have a lonewolf-like trait to improve solo experience, but as long as the plot is good and the game is beatable by a singleton I can't argue too much, besides, I already decided my protagonist's name in Queen's Wish - Chevyn!😘

Edited by Reficule