Erika doesn't train Arcane Lore in A2:CS?

IIRC she's the only method to raise one's AL beyond 10, which is crucial of a singleton to learn lvl 3 spells, in A:EFTP my singleton learned all spells at lvl 3 thanks to her.

In A2 however she no longer trains AL! I know there is VL to compensate, but there are still a few situations require solely on AL, and I was so depressed after I realize my singleton can't learn lvl 3 Steel Ward because it requires 11 AL.

Not that I need to min-max(already 87% armor), I was role playing as a solo seeker who craves spell knowledges, and spell level is the tangible thing that reflect to it, solve quests, dive into dungeons, build my character around it, after I did all I could(10AL 4VL), knowing that I'll never be able to complete my goal, which I completed in A:EFTP, really ruined my personal immersion.

I know the game is... old, even after a fashion, but is there any chance that the developers could consider lower Steel Ward requirement by 1? I think that's the only spell in A2:CS that can never learned by a singleton. And, just curious, are there any spells in A3 also barred singleton like Steel Ward in A2? Thx.

Sage Lore trait counts towards most spell books, but not some things. Vahnatai Lore sometimes works too and is required for some things.

According to Slarty:?

Domination is AL 12, Fireblast is AL 12, the Resistance Crystal is AL 13, Capture Soul is AL 12, Arcane Blow is AL 12, and Divine Host is AL 12

Edit - Jeff isn't going to go back and fix the game.

40 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

Sage Lore trait counts towards most spell books, but not some things. Vahnatai Lore sometimes works too and is required for some things.

According to Slarty:?

Domination is AL 12, Fireblast is AL 12, the Resistance Crystal is AL 13, Capture Soul is AL 12, Arcane Blow is AL 12, and Divine Host is AL 12

Edit - Jeff isn't going to go back and fix the game.

I think only the Resistance Crystal in the list is solely depend on AL, that's alright it's not a spell.

Too bad that Jeff(the developer I presume?) has no time to fix the game, but it's understandable, thanks for your quick reply.

I looked back at my notes and for whatever reason, I think that Ward of Steel is the only spell that there is not a work around for (other than your small mod).  The rest of the spells that Randomizer lists should all benefit from either Sage Lore or Vahnatai Lore.  At the very end game, there are Emergency Spells #1 and #2.  My notes say that you need AL 13 and AL 15 respectively for them with two levels of VL usable, so if you choose to use those, you may have to up your Mod a bit.

6 hours ago, Edgwyn said:

I looked back at my notes and for whatever reason, I think that Ward of Steel is the only spell that there is not a work around for (other than your small mod).  The rest of the spells that Randomizer lists should all benefit from either Sage Lore or Vahnatai Lore.  At the very end game, there are Emergency Spells #1 and #2.  My notes say that you need AL 13 and AL 15 respectively for them with two levels of VL usable, so if you choose to use those, you may have to up your Mod a bit.

Oh that's fine, what I need is just a comfort, there are things a singleton can't accomplish and I happily accept that.

I just hope there aren't many "Steel Ward" in A3:RW.