Unspend trait points lost after level 31!

21 minutes ago, Damp Annals said:

You can always go to the traits screen manually.  If you do that, are the points still available?  I think it only "pops out" automatically when you actually get new points for traits.

Traits can only be upgraded after all other points are distributed, so no, trait points on my character are completely gone after level 31. Or as you said, it stops pop out after level 31, so I can no longer access it.

Please tell me there is way to fix it!

Again, you can always go to the traits screen manually.  It doesn't have to "pop out" on its own.

Are you saying that (1) you are on the traits screen and there are no + buttons visible to select traits?  Or that (2) you can't figure out how to get to the traits screen?

4 minutes ago, Damp Annals said:

Again, you can always go to the traits screen manually.  It doesn't have to "pop out" on its own.

Are you saying that (1) you are on the traits screen and there are no + buttons visible to select traits?  Or that (2) you can't figure out how to get to the traits screen?

(1), of course.

Here is a save file if you could look into it, it's an auto save.

2 hours ago, Damp Annals said:

I don't know about the issue itself, but you should be getting more skill points next level -- it's every 5 levels after level 30 -- so that should solve your specific problem here anyway.

How could that solve my "specific" problem? No matter how many skill points I will get, trait points are lost forever, I saw another guy on steam had the same issue!

OK, I am now very confused.

You're saying the following sequence happened?

1 - At a previous level, you used skill points but put off using trait points

2 - At level 35 you gained skill points, and did not have the chance to use trait points afterwards

If this is what happened, you can just use the editor to add whatever traits you should have gotten.  Enable it on the title screen then in-game use shift-D and type "editor"

7 minutes ago, Damp Annals said:

OK, I am now very confused.

You're saying the following sequence happened?

1 - At a previous level, you used skill points but put off using trait points

2 - At level 35 you gained skill points, and did not have the chance to use trait points afterwards

If this is what happened, you can just use the editor to add whatever traits you should have gotten.  Enable it on the title screen then in-game use shift-D and type "editor"

I'll try to make it more clear:

1, You can't spend a single point if you want to store *ANY* points for later, because you can only confirm level-up training by spend all points into stats, skills and traits;

2, I didn't spend any points after level 29 or so, I can confirm that since my level 35 character has 3 stat points and 6 skill points, but 0 trait points, lost after level 31.

And about the editor, usually I avoid this kind of stuff when playing games that do not require grinding, such as Avernum, but I guess this is the special case that I need to use it, my only concern is: does editor also disable steam achievements and in-game medals?

AHA.  Okay, so you have 3 levels worth of stat/skill points, correct?   Since you get those once every 5 levels in the 30's, that means you have points from levels 29, 30, and 35.  And you should indeed have gotten a trait point at level 30 (or 2 points if you are human).  Huhhh.

If you don't mind, can you count the number of traits this character does have, just so we can confirm the math?

(No idea if editor affects steam achivements.  For in-game medals, I believe it only affects the current session of the game, so you should be able to use the editor, save, quit, then reload and have no problem with the medals.)

38 minutes ago, Damp Annals said:

AHA.  Okay, so you have 3 levels worth of stat/skill points, correct?   Since you get those once every 5 levels in the 30's, that means you have points from levels 29, 30, and 35.  And you should indeed have gotten a trait point at level 30 (or 2 points if you are human).  Huhhh.

If you don't mind, can you count the number of traits this character does have, just so we can confirm the math?

(No idea if editor affects steam achivements.  For in-game medals, I believe it only affects the current session of the game, so you should be able to use the editor, save, quit, then reload and have no problem with the medals.)

22 traits, human race.

Another character of mine has 24, from another playthrough already abandoned after I found out summoning focus is point less compare to a prismon trainer.

Edit: trait "Vahnatai Secrets" is from dungeon, removed from counting.

Edited by Reficule

On 8/8/2019 at 4:37 PM, Damp Annals said:

Hmm.  Yeah, definitely missing the 2 traits from level 30.

I guess the good news is level 30 is the only trigger for this, since it's the very last time you gain traits.  Any other time you just wait 2 levels.

This should be added into in-game Instructions imo.