Project Spiderweb.

nikki.

Quote:
Originally written by Bigmouth:
Also, noobs and newbs alike will not be given armies/cool swords/good dialogue. So there.
Eh. The way I see it, we newbs are here to be made fun of anyway. :p

Your scenario, Nikki. Do what you will. Anyway… I've already decided your fate for TRoR. :p

Quote:
Originally written by Spokesmage of the Dead:
Nalyd doesn't mean an army of undead servants. Just a nice skeleton following him around. And he isn't quite a newb anymore. He's. . . older. . . or something.
Please refer to the top half of Nioca's post above. All will become clear to you. Unless you're stupid. Then it still won't be clear.

Also, ET: I ran your updated graphic through the Graphic Adjuster, and there is a lot of white noise. It's like there's an actual pattern of it in the background. You're definitely going to want to get rid of all that.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure that the white background is really white, and not off-white. Pretty easy to fix, just use MSPaint or the Mac equivilent.

--------------------

I didn't get a toy train like the other kids. I got a toy subway instead. You couldn't see anything, but every now and then you'd hear this rumbling noise go by.

- Steven Wright

You're a talentless hack, Nick.

And by saying that, I mean, "Oh, that I only had as much evident talent as Nikki." :p

--------------------

The Silent Assassin observes that you do not yet have your weapon drawn.

Therefore, to make this a fair fight, he will resort to pies.

Although I personally do not count that as fair.

The muffin is in. If only so that you promise to make more graphics for me later. :-p

I'll hopefully have proper screenshots soon - so no more members with numbers in the 5 billions asking for a part, please. smile

And Lenar - you just fail to realise the majesty that is Archmage Alex. Philistine.

• 1 month later...

Erm... Right.

I'd been meaning to explain myself for a while, and now seems like a good time.

Okay. Everything is finished. On paper. I've been without a computer for a while now, so actually making the thing is the real problem. I mean, I had to give Thralni EP to finish, which is why it's not done yet - it'd have been out for ages otherwise.

Back to PS, I have 4 towns done and most of the coding, which is nice. When I get a computer again, I'd expect to finish it fairly quickly.

Until then, meh.

So, if you want to send me money to buy a new system, please do :p

Quote:
Originally written by Nikki xx:
I mean, I had to give Thralni EP to finish, which is why it's not done yet - it'd have been out for ages otherwise.
It's because it's true that I didn't start irritating you by constantly prodding you in your side.

Yeah, real life is taking me over for already a month, and it will keep doing that for at least 3 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...

I do think that it would be appropriate for the beast to appear, at the very least, due to Nioca's bringing it into popularity.

Maybe turn it into an animated dancing terrain piece or something.

--------------------

The Silent Assassin is a dancing fool.

So there.

The Blood Beast has always been one of my very favorite Exile graphics, and I think it's totally awesome that you made a high-quality Avernum version. There's something I wonder though, having never played very far in any of the Exile trilogy, having only seen that graphic used as a giant kobold, and there being no article about them in the Encyclopedia Ermariana. What is a Blood Beast, exactly? Just a monster made of blood? Some sort of demon? Undead? Is this ever established in the games?

All I could tell is that it was a spare monster in BoE ... I liked and made a new graphic for it for the old graphic competition. So your guess is as good as mine ... but as you can see I tried to have the death animation sort of melt into a big pool of blood and explode into chunks ... it came out abit pony in the end.

This is Budden, right? Love that graphic-- I can't think of anything else I could have subsituted for the beast. In case you didn't know (since I didn't actually email you asking permission or anything.... :p ) your bloodbeast graphic is used for the 'villain' of Frostbite.

By the way, do you have a website or any place where we can see your other graphics (if there are any)? I found the bloodbeast at the graphics contest website, but if you had more that aren't there I'd love to see them.

All my other graphics are on the Louvre (sp?) ... the Blood Beast was the last before I 'retired' (mostly because I never actually got around to getting it BoA ...eheh ...).

Basicly it started with converting the item graphics of BoE with a 'ground' image for Avernum. Theres the ice demon (Which has the melting death animation) and a wild boar ... and the beggar/mage Wraith edit.

Maybe it's time I made some more?

P.S. As long as you put a credit somewhere in the readme I'll be happy Laz ... maybe I should check? :p

Well, I am not like the other muffins.

Also, I don't think you could completely eat me...though I would be delisious (and kill you if your serious).

Well, regenerating when I am resting is highly usefull, since muffins don't actually have organs.

The only exception is that Infernal Flamming Muffin (for some reason) had a brain.

Quote:
Originally written by Infernal Flamming Muffin loves cake:
Well, regenerating when I am resting is highly usefull, since muffins don't actually have organs.

The only exception is that Infernal Flamming Muffin (for some reason) had a brain.
IFM, why do you sometimes refer to IFM in third person and other times in first? Did I miss something that explains that?