Geneforge 3 Khyryk Rebel Side

I believe that people have previously experimented with the Geneforge 3 win conditions and found that the game behaves as if you are pro-Shaper when you reach the next island if Khyryk has not been killed.

On 4/19/2016 at 7:49 PM, Triumph said:

For a rebel-ending-yet-live-Khyryk combo, helping Lankan and the Creator is not enough. You still face the choice of either killing Khyryk or aiding him in order to move on from Gull. I still don't know of any path to get a rebel endgame without killing Khyryk. The rebels on Gull won't let you move on until he's dead. If he's alive when you go to Spears, you're a Shaper and there's no further chance to join the rebels. Perhaps this where confessing treason to Rahul comes in? Maybe if you did that and escaped Elek would let you go on without insisting you kill Khyryk? Seems unlikely though.

On 4/19/2016 at 10:19 PM, Triumph said:

I remembered that G3 has an editor available, so I tried using that pump my abilities and then went and killed Rahul. Elek doesn’t acknowledge it, however, and demands I kill Khyryk. (Oddly, Khyryk also doesn’t acknowledge it, though all the friendly towns on Dhonal's Isle turn against me for it.) So, offing Rahul does not enable one to skip the step of killing Khyryk to become a rebel and go to Isle of Spears. Using this powered-up save, I still plan to experiment with a couple of the other possible routes we’ve discussed here.

On 4/20/2016 at 8:03 PM, Triumph said:

And the last experiment: played through Gull like a Shaper, then, before clicking the boat to Spears, went and killed Rahul. Showed up on Spears and the endgame regards me as a Shaper. So it appears that the one and only decision point for your endgame is whether you kill Khyryk before going Spears. You can, however, get a Shaper ending with dead Khyryk if you return from Spears and kill him later.

Edit: Source

Edited by TheKian