Question about luck

4 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

Luck varies a bit in the games:

Geneforge 1 - Luck 6 needed for highest stone compartment

Basically it does provide a little bit of armor, but you need a lot and you will probably spend your points elsewhere.

hmmm, I asked cause I was looking G2 strategy central for guardian builds and people mentioned getting luck, but I'm not sure why

Luck slightly improves armor and, I believe, dodge and accuracy. It also is important for some special events (usually you only need about 2), such as one in Geneforge 1 that gets you free spellcraft. The only game where you should get a really high luck skill is Geneforge 1, because you can pay a Servile in one area to increase it, thus improving your character's power without costing you skill points. In other games, it's really only worth getting a couple points, if anything.

8 hours ago, alhoon said:

I think in GF4 it is a requirement for an increased reward, but I am not sure. I have heard people say (but never confirmed it) that luck is supposed to affect drop chances and the money you get from killing baddies. 

Jeff has been asked and replied that Luck has no effect on drop chances.